Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 29er Carbon Frames on Ebay
  • KevinPP
    Free Member

Apologies if I have missed something, but where have all the Far East carbon 29er frames gone off of Ebay?? Can’t see any on there any more, apart from one with an integrated seatpost…
    Or can anyone recommend a manufacturer (and prices if possible).

bullheart
    Free Member

That’s just kids sizes…

😉

c_klein87

just go direct. mine was £320 posted with headset from carbonality, so far it seems good, went well today round Brass Monkeys, few teething issues but i expected that

http://chris-noble-mtb.blogspot.com

KevinPP
    Free Member

c klein87 – That looks pretty identical to the build I had in mind. Any idea what the weight is? And what teething problems…?

c_klein87

21.8lbs on my scales, would go lighter but mostly solid kit. I’ve had trouble with the post slipping, which i’ve almost resolved, the tolerance on the seat tube is quite slack and the mech hanger was bent to start with, replaced it with a uk sourced alternative which was much better. i’m happy otherwise, i intend to get the matching rigid fork

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I just found loads on there make sure you search worldwide or look on x-goods.com

KevinPP
    Free Member

c-klein87 – Just ordered a Gaea following your post and a further bit of investigation. 1 quick question, where did you get your FSA headset reducer from? Cheers.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Do you mean the crown race so you can fit 1″1/8th forks?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You need to repaint that fence and get the moss cleaned out of that block paving.

KevinPP
    Free Member

Yes to the crown race. Ordered an (FSA) headset with the frame but need to convert from tapered to 1 1/8th. Jensen USA do them but can’t see anyone online over here. Chris/cklein87 used one on his build according to his blog. I know Hope do one but as far as I can tell it won’t fit an FSA headset.

mattjg
    Free Member

How do these Carbonality/Light Bike frames ride, and do they build up without any hassles?

mattjg
    Free Member
    c_klein87

I bought mine from UK bike store, on the headset accessory page, works fine, the headset needs greasing to keep the shit out, it’s not a fit and forget job! Make sure u buy some carbon paste for your seat post 😉

good choice, mine flies, and seems plenty stiff for my weedy enduro legs….il be at brass monkeys rd.2 if you want to have a look at mine.

Edit: this reducer http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/140/160_5538/fsa-crown-race—orbit-15-zs-1-18-straight-steerer.html the bearing fits direct into the frame, the race is part of the head tube

KevinPP
    Free Member

Cheers Chris. I should have mine up and running by the time you do Rnd 2 so I will probably be putting it through its paces on the Downs. Might see you out there one day – I think you’re pretty local to me.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘29er Carbon Frames on Ebay’ is closed to new replies.