Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 29er carbon forks…..recommendations please
  • boxelder

Cheapish, 15mm, post mount, ideally one piece (as oppose to two poles in a crown type). Seem to be plenty on eBay from China, but with IS mounts. Anyone bought similar?

boxelder

These may do the job – anyone got a pair, or something similar?

Andy

I have a pair of those about to land anytime soon based on a recommendation from young Scotroutes, who rated them highly.

boxelder

What does he know – does he ever ride? 😉
    Probably answers my question. Did you go for the axle too?

Andy

Yep, with Axle. Sure there are better axles, but sometimes they are a propriety part and wont know until it arrives

Kryton57

Lots of people including me rate the exotic cycles fork now with 15mm

scotroutes

I don’t know about “young” ScotRoutes but Old ScotRoutes has a pair of those on his Pact. I’m going to admit to a certain initial nervousness – cheap Chinese carbon and all that – but they’ve been ideal. I’ve seen them for sale on a German shop site at around €400 and they look identical to the forks Shand use (though they tend to have prettier colours). I made the mistake of buying them without an axle and then had to buy it afterwards. The fork isn’t threaded to a Maxle etc. so you’re left with little choice.

For fitting, I used a steerer bung from Carbon Cycles (Exotic) and cut the baseplate of the Hope headset so it slips on easily. A 30tpi hacksaw blade will cut the steerer without making a mess of it.

nickdavies

The kinesis maxlight one as long as the a2c numbers match up. Rare as hens teeth though you’ll be looking second hand.

boxelder

Thanks ‘Old’ fella. After posting I realised that boost spacing will allow me to share the B+ and 29er wheels off my ‘good bike’, saving on a wheel purchase. Not sure whether they’ll go on the old Solaris frame as a 2×10 Hoboing bike or as a SS. Probably try both. Axle included.
    Thanks Kryton and Nick – I have a similar pair to those and fancied a ‘curvier’ shape.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘29er carbon forks…..recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.