Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 29er bars — low riser or straight ?
  • voodoo_chile

I know all personal taste but just can’t get front end to feel right ..way u reckon

takisawa2

I run rigid forks so settled on 685mm O/S low rise in carbon, with thick grips to make it more comfy. My logic was that the extra bend in the bar should flex more… 😐
    I tried Niner & Sunline flat bars but hated both.

ruggerbugger
    Free Member

Have you tried changing the stem length? I run a fatbar, 760mm wide & 10mm rise bun recently changed to a 65mm & it’s spot on.

Bregante

I’ve just switched from a 711mm riser to some 750 flats (bargain ex display nukeproof ones) on my gyro and so far I much prefer the flats although I may trim them to 730 ish before I do myself a mischief on my local twisty stuff.

bol

I found that swapping from risers to flats I wasn’t comfortable until I replicated the back and upsweep of my previous bars. Then it clicked.

rOcKeTdOg

740 10mm fatbar lites on the FS, flat 685mm Ragley Carnegie’s on the rigid SS

prawny

Low rise for me, still felt too high, but I flipped and dropped my stem 10mm at the weekend and felt no lower but had so much more front end grip it was unreal. Might have to try some flats one day.

hopefiendboy

I ended up inverting my stem (-6 deg effective) and putting a set of those cheap on one flat bars on mine. Once I got used to flat bars again this feels pretty sorted.

shortcut

Pretty sure it depends on how high you need your bars in relation to saddle and pedals!

So tall folk with shorter forks and short head tubes need risers and shorter folk need flats!

It’s not a fashion thing it’s about fit!

njee20
    Free Member

710mm flats for me.

ratherbeintobago

-10 stem, no spacers and 10mm rise 750mm here, and the front end still feels higher than on the 26er it replaced (which had 20mm risers on), but I can live with it.

There’s always the Syntace stem and Niner negative risers if you need to go really low.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pretty sure it depends on how high you need your bars in relation to saddle and pedals!

I’m 6’3 but run flats on the xc bike (slammed & negative stem) because I want them round my ankles cos it looks fast.
    I run flats on my codeine (slammed) because it’s got 140mm forks on it.
    I run flats on my ss because I had some lying around.

NormalMan

On my first 29er I ran 700mm flats, even with bar ends for a while (so effectively 650mm).

When I took the bar ends off I also tried some low rise 740mm (10mm rise).

Still running those bars but now on a different 29er. My old bike is now my son’s.

Yetiman
    Free Member

I know all personal taste but just can’t get front end to feel right ..way u reckon

More info please. Bike, fork, bar, stem, type of riding?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘29er bars — low riser or straight ?’ is closed to new replies.