Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 29er advice – FS for the GF !
  • steel4real
    Free Member

Hello all,

Looking for some advice for my GF. She has had a 29er hardtail for the last year and absolutely loves it, so much so that her ‘old’ Trek Fuel EX (26) never gets ridden.

So she’s decided to get a 29er FS, only thing is at 5 foot 2 tall, we are struggling to find something suitable. Mainly a reasonable reach for a suitable frame size like 14 or 15″. Womens specific isn’t essential (the only difference on her hardtail to the ‘mens version’ was the colour, saddle, bars and crank length, geometry was exactly the same) but having the slightly smaller cranks would be a good thing.

She had her heart set on a Canyon Nerve AL 29 but the smallest they do is a 16″ and the standover is too high.

What suggestions for a suitabel bike have the STW massive ?

rOcKeTdOg

27.5 might be easier there are no 29er FS I can think of below 16″

CheesybeanZ

Salsa do the spearfish in xs .

eilers12
    Free Member

Did you look at the specialized rumor and trek lush?

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Why not get a trek fuel ex 29er under rated bike IMHO

grey

I seem to remember the SantaCruz super light in small is pretty tichy with a low standover.

ratherbeintobago

Jet 9 comes in a 15.4″ XS?

mboy
    Free Member

Check out the Ghost AMR2955. Goes down to a 16″ frame, but the standover is a piffling 705mm, which is 85mm lower than the Canyon you’ve looked at!

Similar suspension design to the Trek Fuel EX too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what is she going to do with it? Race XC, Race DH/Enduro or ride trails?

Have a look at http://www.julianabicycles.com/ the SC range with potentially some womens versions (though the tall boy is exactly the same)
    At 5’4 the missus is on a standard Tallboy and the size chart at least reckons the small should be a good size.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘29er advice – FS for the GF !’ is closed to new replies.