Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 29er 2015 Fox 36 vs Pikes question
  • rockitman

Can’t find the 36’s anywhere for much less than the £900+ (depending on model) retail. Is there anyone out there who’d pay nearly double the price of the Pikes for the 36’s?

JCL
    Free Member

I haven’t ridden the 36 yet but I was looking at the crown yesterday and holy crap is it minimal for such a big fork (A-C). If it’s as stiff as a Pike I’d be amazed. I’m really happy with the 29″ Pike in 120mm but notice a little more bushing bind at 160mm on the other bike.

chestrockwell

I started a thread a week or so ago asking for real world comparisons after WMB had said the Pike was better. Most seemed to think the 36 was not worth twice the price although as it was on a complete bike and the price difference was not that much I didn’t worry.

The review I’ve got said the 36’s were stiffer then the Pikes.

rockitman

Cheers. Would love the 36 but just can’t justify it 🙁

chestrockwell

Meant to say WMB thought the 36’s were better. Think I’d been drinking. 😳

rockitman

There’s better & then there’s double the money better isn’t there. Being completely honest I’m probably not going to be able to tell the difference anyway 🙂

kimbers

interesting question

has anyone ever payed full RRP for a fox fork?,even the basic 32s are £700+

they come specced on a lot of bikes so a lot of people get them that way and they do get discounted eventually
    and obviously other brands arent cheap, marzocchi rc3 tis for example start at 650 for the 44s (and are better forks) and Pikes RRP is 750

personally im too tight to pay full price for pretty much anythging, so it just seems crazy to me

Onzadog
    Free Member

Didn’t manitou used to do this? Their fork market was oem but they retailed some forks at high prices to fool people into thinking they were getting a great fork at a vfm price. Maybe Fox are going the same way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘29er 2015 Fox 36 vs Pikes question’ is closed to new replies.