Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 290 mega
  • toomba
    Free Member

seen a few of these around lately, what are they like to ride compared to the 275? I would have thought they were a bit cumbersome but spoke to one lad who said its best bike he has ever owned and just eats up the rough stuff

diggerythedog
    Free Member

I’ve had mine since December and absolutely love it, felt cumbersome when I first sat on it, (it is my first 29er), but half an hour later it felt completely normal. I had a Capra before, I won’t be going back to smaller wheels anytime soon.

ChrisL

I did short demos on a 275 and a 290 last year. Then I did a long demo on the 290, then I bought one. The 275 seemed very competent but didn’t really excite me. I really enjoyed my demos on the 290 and have been very happy with my own one since it arrived.

It’s a much slacker and longer bike than any I’ve owned before and it is also the first 29er I’ve owned or ridden much. However I wouldn’t say I find it cumbersome. It’s a good shape and it’s stable without feeling slow, so I find I can manoeuvre it at least as well as I could move my old bikes as it doesn’t try to tuck or fight my movements.

mancian
    Free Member

Chris L, it’s looking like the 290 is close to being my next bike. What size do you ride and how tall are you? Thanks

Northwind

While Chris was shopping I did some testrides as well out of curiosity and felt pretty muc the same, the 275 was fine but the 290 is a beast. I ride a Remedy 29 which I love, but the Mega’s not far behind and in some ways better out of the box- I had to go up a size and slacken off the remedy to get the shape I want, the Mega’s pretty might right first time. 3 years newer design and it shows…

Also, the real magic trick is making a massive full-on bike like this, that also feels decent on easy stuff, and they nailed that. Remedy’s a trailbike kind of pressed into enduro service so it’s got that nailed too, but no 29er I’ve ridden walks that line as well as it and the Mega.

I don’t own one, I could though.

ChrisL

mancian – Member
    Chris L, it’s looking like the 290 is close to being my next bike. What size do you ride and how tall are you? Thanks

I’m 6’3″ or so and ride an XL.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘290 mega’ is closed to new replies.