Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 29″ Rims…any bargins out there?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Refuse to drop £50-80 each on some Salsas or notubes so what else is out there?

The usual suspects have really limited offerings at the moment. Theres some Suns at CRC but Ive not heard anything about them. Theres also a Mavic TN719, but only 19mm wide…all around the £35 mark.

…and they’re out of reetards at On-One.

Just want to build up a fairly wide SS wheelset around the 500g per rim level.

Ive googled the nuts out of the tinterweb, but wondered if anyone had seen anythign I might have missed? Singlespeedstu, anything?

Catsmark, you here? Are there any DT X470s in stock because I tried ordering from a Madison reseller and he told me computer said No.

singlespeedstu

http://www.ison-distribution.com/ison/english/product.php?part=RMHAFD92

Not the best rims out there but wide and 40squids.

Infact I’ve got a spare one (maybe two) in the garage that i could sell you.

Stoner
    Free Member

hmmm, 590mm ERD – thats quite short, let me get my calculator out and see if I have any spokes that will work…

but 28mm sounds good.

back in a tick. Cheers Stu.

sheldona
    Free Member

Just get some real man sized rims 🙂

nickc

nice tags 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

650B are only mansized if you’re a smurf, midget boy sheldon.

Stu – thanks for the tip and offer, but as guessed the 590mm ERD means I need a stack of 285mm spokes and all mine are 291, 293 and 294 so really looking for a more “normal” ERD of 605mm.

singlespeedstu

🙄

You don’t want much do you……

😉

sheldona
    Free Member

650B? all mine are real sized at 26″ 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

being tight extends to not buying any more spokes too! 🙂

Ive got enough clown sized spokes in the shed to build a bird cage, just need the right rims.

BTW Stu I’ve got a WTB Mustang Disc 32h rim (came on the SUB I bought) with an ERD of 596mm, which Ill probably never use, yours if its of any use to you.

Sam

Bonty Dusters are great. Nice and wide (28mm), eyeletted, decently light and tubeless friendly and only £35 each. They are fast becoming my favourite general purpose rims. I’ve actually just ordered a couple of pairs myself.

Stoner
    Free Member

Sam – where from? I can only see them as OEM builds on Google.

Anyway, Ive bitten the bullet and bought some Sun Equalizer 27. 27mm wide and 545g, 605mm ERD for £40 each.

Will see what theyre like…

gary

Sam – where from? I can only see them as OEM builds on Google.

Just what I was going to ask – I was looking around to see if I could find some of those the other day.

Sam

From me of course 😉

Email me if you’re interested

Stoner
    Free Member

dirty bike manufacturers! That’s cheating!

🙂

(How much anyway?)

thomthumb
    Free Member

sam I have emailed re: rims

gary

Thats useful to know Sam, ta. Will probably be in touch at some point about those.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘29″ Rims…any bargins out there?’ is closed to new replies.