Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 29+ forks
  • peanut
    Free Member

I’m looking for some 29Plus suspension forks with 120mm travel. Anyone know what my current options are?

slowbloke
    Free Member

Manitou Magnum Pro – actually a very good fork!
    29+ Pikes don’t seem to be available yet except OEM
    You can fit a fox 34 27.5+ boost as well

Oh, and you can use a Lauf if that’s your thing.

peanut
    Free Member

Thanks.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Shackleton

Also, MRP stage will do 29×3.

peanut
    Free Member

Blimey, not cheap are they

munrobiker
    Free Member

Manitou Magnum Comp here, it is fine but lacks mid stroke support so is a bit divey. I have been called suspension blind in the past so it must be pretty poor for me to notice. It and the Manitou Machete are cheap though.

The RS Yari now comes in 29+. I would try to find one of them as Pikes are just too pricey.

With some slight modifications a 29″ Fox 34 will work. The 27.5+ Boost apparently also works.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

[url=https://postimage.org/]imgurl[/url]

Clink

Nice ^

ajantom

Maverick DUC32 if you like tinkering. Can be had pretty cheap, and are a pretty good fork IMO. They are about 120mm travel once you’ve fitted 29er travel reducers.

slowbloke
    Free Member

munrobiker – Member
    Manitou Magnum Comp here, it is fine but lacks mid stroke support so is a bit divey.

The Pro has the damper from the Dorado. I prefer it to the Pikes on my other bike. Feels very floaty.

peanut
    Free Member

Hmmm, Yari could be an option. Used to have some Maverick sc32’s years ago…

Gee76
    Free Member

I think I’ve seen boost Sid’s and Reba’s may also do the job over on MTBr Forums, worth a google. Might be a bit twangy for some tho!!

MussEd
    Free Member

Can anyone advise which Yari takes 29+ and would I need a boost hub? (think Pro2 can be converted nowadays maybe??)

munrobiker
    Free Member

There is a new 29+ specific version but I’m damned if I can find it anywhere in the UK online. Might be worth a chat with a dealer, or maybe Zyro aren’t bringing them in.

peanut
    Free Member

Good question on which Yari. Also where are the Magnum Pro’s available?

MussEd
    Free Member

I saw CRC selling the Magnum pro in 29+ off in their sale for £390 around about New Year, ummed and awed and now they’re gone….

peanut
    Free Member

Doh!

MussEd
    Free Member

peanut – Member
    Doh!

POSTED 34 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Quite…

MussEd
    Free Member

Ignore this post, I’m tired.

slowbloke
    Free Member

It may just be the way I ride but I found the machete flexier than a fleet thing from flexy thing and winner of the international fleet competition. They also have the cheap damper alas.

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Another vote for Magnum Pros, very good fork and held up well so far on this. Also looked at Boost 27.5 34 option too but decided on the Magnum, also Blutos will work as well as the Wren fatty forks or Carver Gnavester forks.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘29+ forks’ is closed to new replies.