Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 29 er mudguards
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

I give, gotta get some,
    Crud is my favourite for my 26, looked for 29 version, it exists but….

Cheers

scotroutes

But what?

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Where the hell can you get it from the 29 er version looked everywhere.

bikeneil
    Free Member

My lbs has then.

http://www.bachebrotherscycles.co.uk

(Depending where you are of course)

kazafaza
    Free Member

Haven’t tried the Cruds, bought the SKS Shockblade / X-Blade instead as the front mudguard “follow the wheel” rather than protect the downtube.

takisawa2

Normal Cruds here.
    They seem to work ok.

parkesie
    Free Member

Normal 26 crud on a 29 here and i havent exploded.

weeksy

me too.. I have a Peaty front and Crud rear… can’t say I’ve noticed any difference in running on a 26-29

scotroutes

The front Crud in the 29er set is the same as the 26er version. The rear is a wee bit longer.

I haven’t seen the 650b version yet but I’m told it makes the mud come alive.

core

I have a topeak defender for front, looks a bit special, but works well, as it follows the wheel. Trouble is the fixing that goes up inside the steerer tube has broken, so need so try and source a replacement….

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

perhaps have a look at SKS ‘velo 55’.

I managed to mount the front one onto the fork arch (had to rummage around to get the right bolt tho’).

and the rear guard has the option of adding an extra strut to stiffen things up.

better coverage than the crudguards, etc imho.

benp1

Bought the zefal rear 29er mudguard based on advice here, so far so dry bum! Doesn’t look too hideous either

Only put a bender fender on the front as I want to keep the downtube clear for roof rack

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

According to website it’s 5 inches longer…..

BigDummy
    Free Member

The Triathlon Shop in Bristol has a set, if that helps. They are definitely quite a lot longer.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

well, i went to my lovely bike shop and hey presto, 29 er cruds,tore them out of the packet, we fitted them and off i rode to work, good as gold. went through bottom bracket depth water and all good!

that extra length is worth every penny

http://kineticcycles.co.uk/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘29 er mudguards’ is closed to new replies.