Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 28mm tyre on magic open pro
  • pedlad

Does that work or too wide?
    I was thinking of plumping up the road bike for what looks like a wet cobbly tour of the Black Country on Sunday…

pedlad

Mavic obs

cp

I’ve got 28mm GP 4 season on mavic open sport and they work fine

pedlad

Thanks cp

joshvegas
    Free Member

28?! Pffft

I’ve run a 42c.

anagallis_arvensis

Wet? Shit

kerley
    Free Member

I have also run 35 – 42c on open pros with no problem

MaryHinge
    Free Member

28mm 4 Seasons here. No probs.

Could go bigger easily.

hatter

Whilst a wider rim woud give a nicer profile, a few short years ago every cross bike was was on 15 mm rims like the Open Pro and nobody died.

Ran 35 mm’s on mine for years, no trouble, are wider rims ‘better’ for those wantingto run 25-40 mm tyres? YES! Are they essential? NO!

rOcKeTdOg

Got a 28mm Michelin on an open pro, feels more squirmy cornering compared to the 25mm I had previously & no more comfy over rough surfaces.

It’s going to be torrential storms & sunshine Sunday, should be carnage on the Waltonberg climb & worse on the descent

anagallis_arvensis

I fitted some 28mm duranos to my bike for sunday.

mint5auce
    Free Member

Humm, was hoping to get away with leaving 25mm GP4000’s on.
    Bit of rain to dampen all the dust down!? 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

The route goes off Walton hill via the car park at the top and down St Kennelms doesnt it. Hardly any off road descent. It’ll be fine. Doubt many will get up the climb on road tyres though if its wet.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

32c Conti Sport Contacts on my Open Sports with no worries. I wouldn’t say it squirms in a bad way, just feel more like an MTB going round corners, less on a knife edge.

rOcKeTdOg

The route goes off Walton hill via the car park at the top and down St Kennelms doesnt it.

Off road from the trig point with a few sharp turns but the rain gullies from the wet winter/spring criss cross it & they’ve dumped a load of hard-core in the quagmire at the bottom. Should be fine in the wet 🙂

clodhopper
    Free Member

Been using 32c tyres on Open Pros for a while now. Absolutely fine. But then, I use 2.3″ tyres on 717s. 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘28mm tyre on magic open pro’ is closed to new replies.