Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 28mm ghetto tubeless?
  • MarkyG82

Just built a kaffenback with 28mm conti tour rides and looked into going ghetto.

Most of the info I found was old and negative saying don’t go over 60psi or the latex will push through the sidewall. Or the ghetto method will risk the bead rolling off due to not connecting with the rim correctly.

Currently running at 80psi with tubes. What would be a sensible pressure running ghetto? Thinking 60-70.

Or should I forget the idea on risk of killing myself in a ball of flames.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I tried it with a 700c 28mm Conti GP4Seasons, and a 650c tube (I think). It worked but the sidewalls are quite porous compared to a UST, or even a std MTB tyre, so it took a fair while, and a fair amount of frothing, to finally seal and become air tight. In the end I got a bit fed up with topping it up with air that I went back to a tube.

I run tubeless on my roadie and my MTB but there just aren’t any suitable 28mm tubeless roadie tyres. If Conti got their finger out then the winter trainer market would be open to them, with a tubeless 28mm GP4Season. But hey, I’m sure they are quite busy with the same old stuff…

MarkyG82

Thanks. Looks like its a no go then.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘28mm ghetto tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.