Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 2.8 tyre on the Antur uplift?
  • Alex

I called them up and the nice fella reckoned ‘we should be able to sort that out’ before adding ‘I only started Monday mind’.

So anyone done this? WTB i35 rims/Maxxis Rekon’s. Obviously I’ll need some kind of support vehicle full of spare tyres, but we’re off the to lakes the day after and I really want to try the chubby there…

orangespyderman

Obviously I’ll need some kind of support vehicle full of spare tyres, but we’re off the to lakes the day after and I really want to try the chubby there…

Are you worried you’ll, erm, pop a chubby on the way down? 😆

SirHC

Did see someone a few weeks ago wedge a semi fat tyre in, they did have an extra strap around the front wheel.

Alex

I’ll take a spare strap then. I’m sure they’ll be delighted to have someone trying to be special 😉

@orange – every time I ride down the black, I get that feeling!

nickc

i struggle to get 2.4 minions in their trailer. But then I have the upper body strength of a girl, so…

enjoy, hope the weather is better than last time I went (the only time I’ve been wetter was while I was actually swimming)

hebridean
    Free Member

The uplift drivers are really helpful so I’m sure they will sort you out!

Alex

Thanks Flash…

@heb – yeah been a couple of times and they all seem really helpful which considering the endless muppet-roy on show (mostly by me) that’s pretty impressive…

@nick – did you go on Aug 20th when we all bailed? hails of trout?

singlespeedstu

2.8 Rekons on Scrapers fit fine with a bit of a wiggle.

i struggle to get 2.4 minions in their trailer.

You sure you weren’t trying to fit them in the CD slot in the van instead of the trailer?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

fit fine with a bit of a wiggle.

I find that’s usually the case with a big one.

singlespeedstu

I find that’s usually the case with a big one.

You talking ego, nob or belly?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

All three!

Also, just realised this was for Antur. Sorry! I would imagine that the situation is very similar to BPW though.

SirHC

How many tyres did you chew through in the end ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘2.8 tyre on the Antur uplift?’ is closed to new replies.