Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 27.5 wheelset for XC
  • gavdog
    Free Member

Just bought a carbon hardtail for XC racing, looking to upgrade the wheels but can’t find much in the way of reviews of 27.5″ wheelsets.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a comparison review or recommend me a wheelset.

Looking for light weight race wheels which will be used when not racing also, light and strong, aiming for under 1500g.

Thinking aluminium, as I can’t see the benefit in carbon (pay double for heavier/brittle rims?) unless someone can convince me otherwise…

Looking at DT Swiss XR 1501 Spline or American Classic Race currently but looking for suggestions / feedback on these wheels…

Cheers

slackalice
    Free Member

I like Stan’s Crests. The 32h rims come up light. I’ve no idea how light, but on my Ala Carte, they’re lovely 😀

EDIT: they’re 26 on the HT, got some 27.5 36h on my FS and still feel light and seem to take 2.35 width, so will happily take narrower

ryder
    Free Member

Hi have the splines on my Scale 710. Nice wheels, (but noisy freehub). Only ridden 100 miles or so on it so far but they are still round!

teasel
    Free Member

I’m not sure whether or not they’ve sorted the issue but some folk had problems mounting certain tyres on the American Classic Race. The normal tubeless are pretty light and have no issues with any tyres as far as I know.

I don’t race but have found them to be quite tough and light(ish). 26″ here, though.

jonnyrockymountain

American classic wide lighening?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘27.5 wheelset for XC’ is closed to new replies.