Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 27.5 wheel in a 29er fork ?
  • weeksy

Got an On-one Parkwood in 29er flavour, it’s in a Large. However it feels a bit ‘big’ compared to my Whyte T130.

Last week i checked a few things out geometry wise and it’s not actually THAT much bigger than the Whyte in TT length, reach etc. But i was thinking of combining my thoughts a little bit and moving both bikes to 27.5

So what i could do, is buy a Parkwood 27.5 frame in a Medium. I’d then swap all my bits over from the 29er to the 27.5, O-O are knocking frames out for £89 so not a massive outlay, but i’d also get that back as i’ve got 2 sets of 29er wheels i could sell on to recoup the frame cost. I’ve got spare wheels for the 27.5 so that’s not a massive issue (although i would need a rear wheel as mine is a 142×12 which is to fit the Whyte and i need a QR for the Parkwood. But no biggy, i could sort that i guess.

The only downside with this plan is one i slightly forgot at first… I’ve got 29er forks on the current Parkwood. Which would mean unless i ran a perculiar 29er front/27.5 rear (i don’t fancy that), then i’m running 27.5 front wheel in a 29er forks…

The other plan is i guess to order the Parkwood 29er frame in the Medium instead… but the Large isn’t THAT large for me in honesty and seems a little excessive to swap just for a frame size, especially as the frame is pretty much worthless as it stands due to their pricing.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Don’t bother. I know the frames are only £89 but it’s one of these things where the costs just snowball. Get a shorter stem for the parkwood to match the reach to what you like and you’ll be right.

dallas95
    Free Member

Stick the 27.5 wheels in your existing parkwood and save your money to fund a new back wheel/axle. I run 29er forks on my Bird Zero (It’s what I had available) and they work perfectly with 27.5 wheels.

dallas95
    Free Member

Here’s mine, 29er Trace forks on a 27.5 frame. Lot’s of tyre clearance. 🙂 A-C is 540mm and Bird recommend 542mm so all good.

[/url]IMG_1843 by Paul Harrison, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘27.5 wheel in a 29er fork ?’ is closed to new replies.