Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • 27.5 V 29 hmmmm…
  • Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Different volume tyres in different size shocker?

andypaul99
    Free Member

Well if they are so similar we dont need 650b. There, solved.

khani
    Free Member

I’m missing something.. A fat tyre on a small wheel is nearly the same as a thin tyre on a big wheel? What about a fat tyre on a big wheel and a thin tyre on a small wheel? Or a fat tyre on both sized wheels, or a thin tyre on both wheels?
    Or both wheels with no tyres? Or both tyres with no wheels? Or no tyres and no wheels?
    Onandonandonitgoeswhenitstopsnobuggerknows…
    This is me vvv

I may be cute, but I’m very sad…

kelvin

I struggle to see why the same argument (which is inherently flawed) is made again and again. Try putting the same tyre of the same width on a (more or less) identical rim and then make your point.

I think the point is… that a change of tyres makes a difference. If you want to go bigger, it might be worth trying a bigger tyre before changing your whole bike.

crispyrice

Smaller wheels with bigger tyres are nearly as big as bigger wheels with smaller tyres shock!

kelvin

Smaller wheels with bigger tyres are nearly as big as bigger wheels with smaller tyres shock!

No surprise at all, but some people need it pointing out to them.

schmiken

I think the point is… that a change of tyres makes a difference. If you want to go bigger, it might be worth trying a bigger tyre before changing your whole bike.

But a 26*2.4 tyre feels and rolls nothing like a 27.5*2.1. The amount of cushioning, tyre squirm, etc all leads to a very different feel. Not to mention one is a lot wider for the same height!

jekkyl

Chainline
    Free Member

My 29 HansDampf on a 25mm internal width rim is 30.5″..but as stated previously, no point unless comparing apples with apples, and I’m sure they are all fun on a swoopy dusty trail in the forest on a warm sunny evening 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘27.5 V 29 hmmmm…’ is closed to new replies.