• This topic has 47 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • 27.5 for techy trail. Available options?
  • aracer
    Free Member

FFS why are folk so down on OTHER people’s bike choices? The OP wants a 27.5″ bike.

Well if you read the OP carefully he wants a bike – he appears to feel that wheel size is being dictated to him (despite the actual lack of availability of not only 27″ bikes, but also 27″ tyres amongst other things). I’ve got no problem if he does buy a 27″ bike, simply pointing out that his assumptions about a 26″ bike being obsolete and having no resale value aren’t necessarily true, which might open up more buying options. It’s not like I’m a 26″ evangelist or anything – my current bike is a 26, but my next will probably be a 29 (out of choice), and my current uni is a 29.

JCL
    Free Member

Giant Trance. Probably the best 650b bike on the market so far.

gavstorie
    Free Member

Giant Trance. Probably the best 650b bike on the market so far.

Really? based on what?

rOcKeTdOg

ugliest though

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Cube stereo, I love mine. If you look at hargroves they are even discounting 2013 bikes

JCL
    Free Member

Really? based on what?

Supple suspension, geometry, build quality, VFM, design details (routing, upper shock mount bearing etc).

Takes some beating I think.

MadCowKev
    Free Member

I’ve put a lot of miles on a 2014 Saracen Kili Flyer 122 recently and was really impressed.

Rik
    Free Member

Given this statement from another thread:

For those interested, I promised one my riding buddy I would make the time when at Eurobike to hunt out the Litville stand & take a tape measure to check the BB height.
    Luckily, they had a large 301 with 160mm plates & a 160mm Fox 34 on it along with a set of 650B wheels on the stand.
    The BB measured ~357mm on it. The tyres were a Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.3 front & a Rock Razor 2.3 rear (which incidentally are MASSIVE compared to the First Ride samples of the same tyres I have been using. They utterly dwarf a Hans D by comparison)).
    Considering the size of the tyres, and that being a near on real life measurement, that’s actually pretty low compared to other actual measurements in my experience, rather than some of the make believes you see.
    Bear in mind if you run it with 140 plates, it’s an extra 10mm lower again.

I’d say a Liteville 301 is back in the running 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘27.5 for techy trail. Available options?’ is closed to new replies.