Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 27.5+ and 29er bikes
  • brassneck

Am I right in thinking that providing the tyres fit through with to-my-mind-reasonable clearance, the sizes are close enough to use a 27.5+ wheelset on a 29er?

Idly thinking about trying a wheelset on my Whyte to see how semi skimmed might work for me… I suspect the clearance isn’t there anyway.

scotroutes

Ish.

Expect a reduction in BB height. Just how much will depend on the overall diameters of the particular rim/tyre choices.

Sam

depends on the 27+ tyre. There is a big difference between a 2.8 WTB and 3.25 Vee. Measuring your frame and comparing to published tyre widths should be pretty straightforward.

brassneck

Yeah, thinking 2.8 will probably be as big as I’m likely to push it anyway, seriously doubt there’s room for much more than that. Ta chaps.

Mbnut
    Free Member

To get at least an idea of whether a 650b+ will fit your frame measure the width of your chain stays and seat stays approximately 14/14.5” from the centre of your rear axle.

If you have 80mm then you will probably be fine with 2.8= tyres.

The same goes for your fork too.

This is an approximation but will give you an idea.

scotroutes

If you were already running something like a 2.4 tyre then you’d definitely see a drop in BB height. At a guess, something in the order of 15-20mm?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘27.5+ and 29er bikes’ is closed to new replies.