Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 27.5 / 650b Ice / Spiked Tyres? Options?
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Looks like I will have to invest in a spiked tyre to keep rolling this winter.

For 27.5 inch wheels is there much else out there other than Schwalbe Ice Spikers? On 26 inch i use them and a few different brands (Continental maybe) but this is my first search for a 27.5 equivalent!

STATO
    Free Member

Just run 26″ wheels. Your not going to be maxing out the capability of the tyres (as youll end up with no spikes left!) so the difference in geo is not a massive issue.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

The difference in geo might not be major but I’d prefer just to buy tyres that suit as opposed to new wheels of a different size and new tyres!

epicyclo

Spike your own. I’m about to do that with a fat tyre. I’ll be doing it at the end of the month and I’ll post it up here, either failure or success.

You have to drill holes to receive the studs, so your tyre needs decent sized lugs.

You can buy the studs on eBay from time to time.

And Schwalbe makes a tool for the job.

Northwind

tbh ice spiker or spiker pro is the default choice anyway. There was supposed to be a nordic spike out by now but it doesn’t seem to exist

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Yeah I’m just looking for best price plus reasonable delivery time for the Ice Spiker now!

STATO
    Free Member

I’d prefer just to buy tyres that suit as opposed to new wheels of a different size and new tyres!

On 26 inch i use them and a few different brands

So what you meant was ‘on 26 inch i used them’

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Yes sorry that was a typo. Just noticed now that you’ve pointed it out.
    I had them on my 26inch wheeled bike last winter but now I have a 27.5 wheeled bike. Only 1 bike here!
    It’s a more sensible suggestion now realising my typing mistake!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘27.5 / 650b Ice / Spiked Tyres? Options?’ is closed to new replies.