Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 27.2mm KS Lev – who's got one?
  • rc200f8
    Free Member

I know they’ve not been out long, but how are they holding up?
    Being limited to 27.2 the choices are few & the lev certainly ‘looks’ the best option with its 2 bolt saddle clamp & static cable. Is the inner kevlar cable user replaceable as per the larger diameter posts or does it have to sent away for repair?
    Can someone measure the distance from the seat rails to the lowest part of the cable housing (post fully extended) for me please & the ‘gap’ between the cable housing & lower post.
    Thanks

honourablegeorge

Bump – same question form me. Anyone using one of these?

honourablegeorge

Right. Only had 14 minutes of patience. Have ordered one, I guess I’m the guinea pig.

oregon29
    Free Member

No experience with a LEV yet, got one on order, but if you need 27.2 + relibility + fixed cable + easy service check out:

GravityDropper – The Original Adjustable Height Seatpost

Ive run these for years and with few moving parts and easy to dissasemble clean and reassemble they’re a great option with cheap replacement parts and generally good guys from Montana.

Going with a LEV to just check out something new but will be back to the new turbo LP soon enough

nicko74

honourablegeorge – Member

Right. Only had 14 minutes of patience. Have ordered one, I guess I’m the guinea pig. 😀 Excellent! Let us know how you get on; there’s a few people on here interested to find out

honourablegeorge

nicko74 – Member

Excellent! Let us know how you get on; there’s a few people on here interested to find out

Will do. Dead keen to get it now, and get out and ride the Soul – been on the DH bike for the last month or so, building jumps and stuff in the dry weather. Not been pedalling enough at all.

rc200f8
    Free Member

Yeah, I took slightly longer than 14 minutes to decide but got no replies so ended up ordering one from bike discount – eagerly awaiting its arrival.

rc200f8
    Free Member

Well, mine arrived today, initial impressions are good. The finish is good, the fact you can rotate the saddle clamp so you can position the cable ‘port’ for best routing is great. Setting the cable up is a little fiddly but not difficult. I modified an old v brake noodle to give the cable a 90 degree exit from the remote lever, operation of the lever is very light. Interestingly my saddle doesnt lift when the seat is dropped, my mates larger diameter lev does lift. The 27.2mm version has no valve to adjust air pressure, dont know if this will stop you dismantling it to replace the kevlar cord when it breaks. Return speed is not too bad, not as quick as my hilo but has a much smoother action. Look forward to testing it on Wednesday evening.

nicholas_yiu

This is what happened to mine, look towards the end of the thread.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ks-lev-in-272mm-diameter-are-they-actually-available-anywhere

I also tried getting it repaired, contacted ks USA who directed me to a French distributor and they said they can’t fix 27.2mm posts currently. I now have a very expensive paper weight sitting around.

Hope you have better luck with yours.

rc200f8
    Free Member

nicholas_yiu, I’d seen your thread prior to buying my post so I know I’m taking a gamble with it, but your options are so limited in the 27.2mm. Can you confirm you only lost air pressure when removing the air rod, not when unscrewing the base of the seat post.

honourablegeorge

Just picked mine up from the post office, will report once it’s fitted.

nicholas_yiu – Member
    This is what happened to mine, look towards the end of the thread.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ks-lev-in-272mm-diameter-are-they-actually-available-anywhere

I also tried getting it repaired, contacted ks USA who directed me to a French distributor and they said they can’t fix 27.2mm posts currently. I now have a very expensive paper weight sitting around.

Hope you have better luck with yours.

Who did you buy it from, nicholas? Your warranty is with the retailer, not the distributor.

Onzadog
    Free Member

You can take the bottom cap off without losing air. Therefore, you can also change the Kevlar cord. I tightened the cord up a touch to improve return speed.

rc200f8
    Free Member

Thanks Onzadog, thats what I was hoping.

honourablegeorge

Well, it’s on, after a minor panic over a missing tiny grub screw (the little git was threaded into the remote lever – I searched the box, the car, the house, contacted bike-components who were out of stock of replacements, the lot. Gave up, and then found it). Slightly fiddly setup, compared to the Reverb which was on in five minutes, but it worked first time, no hassle. Looks good too, I think. Cabling very neat.

nicholas_yiu

I bought it from a shop Hong Kong when I was out there in January so there is no chance claiming warranty with them. I am expecting to pay the French distributor to have it repaired, but they said they couldn’t fix 27.2mm ones currently. Let hope we get a UK distributor soon and I can get them to fix it.

The problem with my cable is that it snapped on the “top” end. It has disappeared into the post and there is no way of getting it back out from the top without stripping it.

To strip the post, the bottom cable thingy is meant to unscrew from the air rod. Problem is I did not realise the air rod was slipping when I was trying to do it and it ended up unthreading from the piston end and flying across the room.

Problem is I still could not take the bottom cable thingy off even with the air rod unthreaded from the piston. So maybe it’s never meant to have been taken apart. I could be wrong though.

Saying that, while it worked, the HiLo still operated better (i.e. faster return speed). The only advantage I could see with the KS is with the cable routing and the weight.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘27.2mm KS Lev – who's got one?’ is closed to new replies.