Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 27.2mm Dropper post with lightest action??
  • ads678

Any one got any suggestions for a 27.2 dropper post that has a really light action?

I tried a Tmars that I had laying about on my lads bike the other day but he couldn’t push the lever enough to make it work. Its set up with a bontrager lever which I think should be better than the original lever.

Are any other significantly easier to use??

wwaswas

Maybe just get a lever with a longer lever on it like a Fox – shoudl reduce the effort required but increase lever movement required?

Or just bolt an extension to the one you have to give it a go?

ads678

I think part of it is the amount of cable it has to pull through to pull the pin out of the post. If others work on Hydraulics it might be easier.

I’ve only ever used the Tmars and Reverbs, so don’t know how other cable actuated ones actually work.

wwaswas

KS LEv has a relatively small lever movement – it’s more like a switch than a lever, tbh.

sweaman2
    Free Member

The Thomson lever is pretty small / light.

ads678

Yeah the Thompson price is not though…..

sweaman2
    Free Member

😀 Different question though.

ads678

CRC do the brand x one in CX version 27.2 now. Stealth only so i’ll have to drill his frame, but £125 is easier to swallow.

tomfun

Try and tweak the remote on the tmars. I have one in my hardtail and the action is very light. Original lever.

BigJohn

I recently bought an X-Fusion Hi-Lo 27.2. The lever takes a very light touch, very well designed to put it where you need it. A little too light, sometimes, as can be prone to accidentaly pushing it.

The post seems excellent. It puts up with my clumsy 15st.

ads678

Maybe it needs a good clean out. Its not been used for a long while…

I’ll have a play with it.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I found a marked improvement in my KSlev when I went to a compressionless housing. The action is so small on some of these cable operated droppers that even a little flex makes a big difference.

http://jagwire.com/products/housing/pro-compressionless-brake-housing

nickjb
    Free Member

They do need a regular clean and grease. Also you can’t always just pull the lever, you need to lightly perch to take a little weight off sometimes.

slimjim78
    Free Member

KS Lev works nice and light, especially when paired with a decent lever action, like a Race Face or Spesh lever.

Oh look, there’s a 272 Lev in the for sale listings..

olderigetfasteriwas
    Free Member

I have a Trans-x dropper post, action is very light. I have an under bar lever on mine, think the post is the same as the brand x one, but it’s available non stealth if that helps.
    Mine has been faultless for 18 months with no maintenance other than normal cleaning. Got mine from Bike Discount.

downhillfast
    Free Member

KS ETen without the remote lever.
    Very light action, and one less cable to run.

ads678

Cheers all, good suggestions.

I’ll give the Tmars a fettle then see how that goes before buying a new one.

lunar
    Free Member

I recently bought a Brand X from CRC; really light action both at lever and dropping seat. A whole lot less effort than my RS.

docgeoffyjones

KS Eten with a southpaw remote has a light action. You can set the cable tension so it starts to drop with only a small lever throw.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘27.2mm Dropper post with lightest action??’ is closed to new replies.