Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 27.2mm dropper availability?
  • stevied
    Free Member

A mate is after a 27.2mm dropper but can’t stretch to Thomson prices. What else is there around? X-Fusion do one but hard finding UK stock. Don’t think he want to go Gravity dropper as he likes infinite adjustment rather than set drops..

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

RSP Plummet is cheap, cheerful & 27.2. I got mine from Amazon, but available from any LBS with a Raleigh account.
    If Gravity Dropper then I believe some of the German sites were punting them out at a reasonable price.

wwaswas

KS do various models in 27.2 – I’ve got a Lev I bought second hand but there’s cheaper ones in the range too.

martinhutch

RSP doesn’t have infinite adjustment. In my case it didn’t have any adjustment, normally after about an hour’s riding.

What’s his budget?

myopic
    Free Member

Ordered one a few weeks ago from UK Bike Store. Came with full remote kit, inclusion of which was not always clear from other suppliers. Price was OK too – £180

stevied
    Free Member

Budget around £170

martinhutch

Freeborn claim to have a Hilo at £159.

http://www.freeborn.co.uk/x-fusion-hilo-100-125-seatpost-2014

Someone off here had a bit of a saga with a warranty claim though, so it’s worth clarifying what the warranty period is before buying.

binners

It was me who had the saga with the warranty. After weeks of evasive hoo-ha, and outright lying, trying to avoid honouring their stated warranty it was finally resolved. But I can honestly say that I wouldn’t touch any X-Fusion product with a barge-pole ever again.

And I’d heartily recomend that nobody else does either

martinhutch

Is the thing still working? The warranty seems to be the most important component of a dropper post in UK conditions.

binners

Its still working after they serviced it (and tried to charge me 80 quid for it) when it was well within their stated 2 year warranty period. God knows how long it’ll last this time. About the same, I’d guess (just over 12 months). When (not ‘if’) it goes again I’m going to throw it in a pond, and get something else that doesn’t self-destruct

muddy247
    Free Member

I wouldn’t recommend the T-Mars dropper- cheap copy of the gravity dropper. I’ve had gravity dropper for a few years and it’s been faultless- easy to service. Have just put a Thompson dropper on my full sus and so far so good- expensive though! Ks do a 27.2 but not great on after service

Artillerydave
    Free Member

I got a 27.2mm KS Lev, very good bit of kit, reliable and good performance so far, infinitely adjustable too. I’d recommend it. Look on the German sites to get them reasonably (relatively) priced.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘27.2mm dropper availability?’ is closed to new replies.