Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 27.2 Reverb Stealth in the pipeline
  • jedimindtricks
    Free Member

Hi all, just been speaking to someone working in the industry and he’s informed me about a 27.2mm stealth Reverb coming soon.

It’s good because there is limited (good) choice in the 27.2 dropper market.

somafunk

The stealth fitting kinda limits frame choice though doesn’t it?, the majority of folk who want or need a 27.2mm dropper post are riding older frames and i doubt they’ll wish to drill a hole to route the tube.

I’ve just bought a KS Lev in 27.2mm for my hummer and i’m very impressed with it, thomson are bringing out a 27.2mm dropper later on this year as well.

svalgis
    Free Member

How many frames with 27.2mm seatpost has internal routing for a dropper cable though? Or do they expect the manufacturers to start making them as soon as there’s a seatpost to fit the bill? Or is there a significant demand from riders who are willing to modify their existing frames?

jedimindtricks
    Free Member

It’s true, mainly older frame have the 27.2 seattube. I’ve read that people have asked manufacturers as to a point of drilling that won’t affect overall strength of frame but won’t really try this unless proven it works.

On my Orange frame I’ve got a small hole just under the headtube which I can then run the hose down the seattube, through the bb answer up the downturn.

I’m not 100% sure that it’ll just be stealth hopefully I’m mistaken.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How many frames with 27.2mm seatpost has internal routing for a dropper cable though?

I have a 456 in steel, the hole looks about the size of the one for the bottle cage mounts. I reckon I could pop another one in without the world ending…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d be perfectly happy to drill the seatpost on my turner for one. Well, I would if I wasn’t already using a lev.

monogramman
    Free Member

I’ve just had a Hilo delivered Friday and now read this.

I would be willing to drill the frame but that hole under the headtube on a five, im pretty sure is just in the gusset and doesn’t go into the main downtube. Unless you mean to open that up and go through.

svalgis
    Free Member

I have a 456 in steel, the hole looks about the size of the one for the bottle cage mounts. I reckon I could pop another one in without the world ending…

I’d be perfectly happy to drill the seatpost on my turner for one. Well, I would if I wasn’t already using a lev.

I realise there are people who would happily do this, I was just wondering whether that market is big enough to make the production worthwhile. I guess Rockshox think it is.

brant
    Free Member

Hi all, just been speaking to someone working in the industry and he’s informed me about a 27.2mm stealth Reverb coming soon.
    It’s good because there is limited (good) choice in the 27.2 dropper market.

News to me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘27.2 Reverb Stealth in the pipeline’ is closed to new replies.