Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 27.2 dropper seat post
  • mrfrosty
    Free Member

Which one non-remote type please ?

ianpinder
    Free Member

gravity dropper. turbo or classic

druidh
    Free Member

Wot he said

singlespeedstu

I would have also said GD but I've been using a KS I950* in place of my GD the last few weeks and it terms of ease of use it's much better than the GD.
    No comment on how reliable the KS is after a lot of use.It does seem to be good so far though.

*New one is available in 27.2 size but can't remember what the model number is.

Northwind

Gravity Dropper again. Descender is non-remote, and is also convertible to be a Turbo once you realise that getting a non-remote one was a terrible mistake 😉

Stu, what does the KS do that makes it better for ease of use? Not really sure how it gets any easier?

ianpinder
    Free Member

i guess because it doesn't have to click into a slot, it just stops at any given height. didn't realise it was avaliable in 27.2

singlespeedstu

The remote lever is a lot easier to use and there's no messing around trying to find the 1" drop position. No messing around trying to get the adjusting collar "just right" either.
    Oh and there's a lot less play on the seat rotation front. Only minor things but overall so much nicer/easier to use.

Northwind

What adjusting collar is that? Not sure if mine has one, never had to adjust it if it does! The 1 inch drop seems pretty useless to me though, that's a fair criticism, mine doesn't have it but a mate does and after fannying around for a while I gave up on it as it was a pain to use.

khani
    Free Member

slight hijack, i'v got a 4inch drop shaft for a gravity dropper with new slide bushings and coller and rubber boot, if anyone wants it for £30 mail in profile,
    hijack over, ta

singlespeedstu

khani.

If it's not gone already I'd be interested.

Northwind.
    One of the best things about a dropper style post is the fact that you can drop it just a little bit on techy traverse type stuff. If it's just seat in the frame for an hour type riding it's no hastle to just use a QR lever.

Northwind

singlespeedstu, I know what you're saying but I didn't find that any use at all, I just put it up or down. If I want to sit down, I want to sit down at the right height, and if I don't want to sit down then I want it out the way, and on traversee stuff I'll just switch between the 2.

Still dead curious about the adjusting collar thing, that sounds like something worth knowing about in case I ever need to, could you shed any light?

Dirtynap
    Free Member

I would go with the KS simply becuase it looks a lot better and has better seals. The remote is sweet also.

singlespeedstu

I know what you're saying but I didn't find that any use at all

You might not but there's many that do.

Pull the rubber boot up and there's an adjusting collar. This tightens up the bushing that sits in the top of the outer post. You need to undo this to grease the bushing from time to time too.

Northwind

Hmm, never done that in over a year :mrgreen: But thanks, that's good to know.

Though, your comment "there's many that do", I appreciate that but you're laying it out as one of the main advantages, what I'm saying is that not everyone would agree, to me it's just complication.

singlespeedstu

to me it's just complication.

I thought that when trying to use the 1" on the GD. Not any more though. 8)

All I'm giving is my opinoin having used both. 8)

Northwind

Seems that for me it'd just make a feature that I don't use easier to use :mrgreen: But maybe i'd use it if it was easier 😕 Curious now. Cheers!

singlespeedstu

But maybe i'd use it if it was easier

Nail/head. 😉

Northwind

Hmm, not sure. Can't think of any time i've wanted a seatpost just a little low, never done that with QR either. Still, I'll be intersted to hear how it stands up over time, they seem to have learned their lesson after the earlier 900s.

singlespeedstu

I though the whole dropper post thing was a waste of time TBH.
    But if you're going to use one why not have every option available to you.

Northwind

Mmm. I can see it's a selling point in general, that's for sure, though I think not one that'd make any difference to me. Maybe GD have finally been bettered. Guess time will tell.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘27.2 dropper seat post’ is closed to new replies.