Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 27.2 Dropper options
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Currently convincing myself that I *need* to spend big to get a halfway decent 27.2 dropper – trouble is, im a tart, and id rather have Lev style cabling that a full on dangly cable at the post head.

My current frame doesnt take stealth cabling, but it is steel, so im looking into having a stealth entry point cut into it and tidied up.. which would open up more options, but not loads.

I guess the main issue is that im not willing/able to accept that a Lev 272 is worth £335.

So what are my other options?
    Should I get over myself and just run a conventional external cable?
    Have you any tales of 27.2mm dropper wonderment?

IHN

Gosh, why has no-one asked this question before?

slimjim78
    Free Member

I searched, best I could find was a 5yo thread, im hoping things have moved on.

nedrapier

In this thread from 2 weeks ago, rocketdog kindly (oddly, at some time cost to himself, surely) gives a nice little summary of some other threads.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/best-272-dropper-post

slimjim78
    Free Member

yes, I just realised that my previous comment was a complete lie.
    Search game stepped-up, knowledge imported.

Thanks for the link.

Andy-R

I guess the main issue is that im not willing/able to accept that a Lev 272 is worth £335.

I’m not either, which is why I haven’t got one on my (very nice) Ti singlespeed and use a good old Gravity Dropper instead.

slimjim78
    Free Member

funny you should say that, Gravity Droppers have never appealed more. Had a search earlier but struggling to find a 27.2 at the mo.

rOcKeTdOg

In this thread from 2 weeks ago, rocketdog kindly (oddly, at some time cost to himself, surely) gives a nice little summary of some other threads.

Actually i just plagiarized someone else’s thread, can’t remember who. Much like my school work i just copied someone else’s work 😉

twisty

I had a 27.2 gravity dropper. Works well, just have to be careful when raising the saddle as it pops up with some force.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘27.2 Dropper options’ is closed to new replies.