Viewing 7 posts - 201 through 207 (of 207 total)
  • £27 to fit a childs rear brake cable Rip Off Mugdock Country Cycles Glasgow
  • philjunior
    Free Member

I pay around £230 to the IMechE – for that, as far as I can tell I get a very boring magazine once a month & if I decide to go chartered everyone tells me my salary will leap up, but no one can tell me by how much or whether it actually will. But, I then have to pay >£400 a year for the privilege…..thinking of sacking them off & trying the IET….

Interesting, as I pay about the same as you (as a chartered engineer) to the IMechE including my professional engineering fees/engineering council stuff – £265 IIRC.

buckster
    Free Member

Im struggling to let this thread go, it is though I suppose time to move on. This did kick the BPW refunds thread into a cocked hat. Sanny, how about a top 10 cretin driven threads review? We are after all in the internet age

nosedive
    Free Member

Its a shame that we cant have some sort of rule to stop people who only use this place as a less regulated alternative to fleabay using their first contribution to the forum to publicly rubbish someones business

docgeoffyjones

I pay around £230 to the IMechE – for that, as far as I can tell I get a very boring magazine once a month & if I decide to go chartered everyone tells me my salary will leap up, but no one can tell me by how much or whether it actually will. But, I then have to pay >£400 a year for the privilege…..thinking of sacking them off & trying the IET….

I always laugh when non chartered engineers add letters after their names to show they are an affliate member. as far as I am concerned you are either a charted engineer or you should list all your magazine subscriptions after your name.

You are probably more likley to get a job but i thing the jump in salary thing is a myth for most engineers.

buckster
    Free Member

Buckster, Semi-retired, semi Professional Race Bike Rider, STW, MBUK, MBR, CW (and bar)

docgeoffyjones

Docgeoffyjones STW, Razzle, Good House keeping

deadkenny
    Free Member

Looked into chartered status, but then realised contracting makes far more money and no one cares about the letters after your name. Half the time they don’t even check qualifications or references. Quick interview, can you do the job, start tomorrow? Cool. Soon find out if you’re garbage and out the door within days.

Viewing 7 posts - 201 through 207 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘£27 to fit a childs rear brake cable Rip Off Mugdock Country Cycles Glasgow’ is closed to new replies.