Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 26mm socket for Fox Forks
  • Karinofnine

Does anyone know where I can get a 26mm 6 sided socket – but without the chamfered bit that you usually get in sockets?

I know I can buy an ordinary one and get it ground down, and I know I can get them apart by carefully using an adjustable spanner but I like to do things properly where practicable and possible.

Thanks

LoCo
    Free Member

😉

drew

Got mine from the smiling face above. Way cheaper than the ones I saw on ebay.

sam_underhill

Do all fox forks need this for a lowers service? I’ve got this job on my list, but hadn’t realised I needed a special tool.

ndthornton
    Free Member

only 32s

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Mojo’s sell them too, and the bigger one for 36mm forks.

You need the socket if you want to access the float air chamber or drop the damper out. Just an oil change; not required.

LoCo
    Free Member

34, 36 and 40 s all benefit from using machined sockets as the flats on the topcap are all pretty low profile and made of aluminium so fairly easy to damage

sam_underhill

Just looked at their guide. Yep looks like it’s only a damper service that needs it. Phew. I usually save that job for people who know what they are doing 😉

bella
    Free Member

Local hardware shop and 20 mins hard graft with a decent metal file. Proper job!

trail_rat
    Free Member

impact driver sockets are just the job as well.

the only good silverline tool i ever had was a set of impact driver sockets – nice thin wall and 6 point face drive.

yetidave
    Free Member

Local hardware shop and 20 1 mins hard graft with a decent metal file grinder

papamountain
    Free Member

Belt sander does the job in 30 seconds if you have one..

paladin

Lathe 10 seconds 😛

compositepro
    Free Member

once remember a chap on here asking the same iirc i got a socket for about 5 quid and lathed the front off it

and gave it him

ps the socket…was not a euphemism

daveagiles
    Free Member

I have one I no longer need. Yours for £5 posted. Drop me an email if your interested.

smiffy

I use a 1″ OE wrench on mine. Simples.

rob-jackson
    Free Member
    wysiwyg
    Free Member

Are they not too hard to lathe down? I ground my last one of a sharpening wheel thing

LoCo
    Free Member

They are a bit hard and it takes a while to turn them down along with wearing the tool down a fair bit, it’s not the method we use although a lathe is involved 😉

Karinofnine

Thanks for all your replies, very helpful.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘26mm socket for Fox Forks’ is closed to new replies.