Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 26er tyres
  • Webbum
    Free Member

Hello,

Sorry for asking ‘which tyres..?’ but I’ve been out of the game for a while.

That said, which tyres for Welsh trail centres on a 26er XC hardtail?

In the past I’ve used Panaracer Fire XCs 2.1″ – nice and light, but I used to get pinch flats all the time and I never had confidence in them when cornering at speed. Currently run Continental Vertical 2.3″ – nice and grippy, never get flats (now I’ve gone and done it), but they sometimes feel heavy and draggy. Basically I’m after something relatively grippy and fast rolling.

Sub-question: no tyre will work all year round. Is it better to have an autumn-winter-spring pair and a faster summer pair, or is it better to go spring-summer-autumn, with a pair for the winter? And how does this affect my options?

Thanks all.

sharkattack

The best ‘all round’ tyre I’ve used is the Specialized Purgatory. So good in most conditions that I just leave them on all year now. You don’t need mega grip for trail centres where they roll pretty fast and don’t hold you back. I’m just about to buy a new pair.

gonzy
    Free Member

if you’re looking at trail centre riding only then either the Schwalbe Rocket Ron?Racing Ralph should be ideal…you’ll get a good balance of grip and speed

the Maxxis Ignitors are pretty good too

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘26er tyres’ is closed to new replies.