Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • 26er to 29er- anything to be aware of?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You’ll have to start sitting down to pee.

konanige

You will probably fire over the top of the first berm carrying way too much speed.

molgrips
    Free Member

You can roll step downs and you won’t go over the bars when you expect to.

Also your old bike bag probably won’t fit your new wheels. Pain in the arse that is.

Northwind

If you’re interested in getting a new wheel size, but you’re concerned that you might notice a difference, luckily for you our benevolent ant overlords in the bike industry provided us with 650b, so you can enjoy all of the expense of a new wheel size without any inconvenient improvement

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Also your old bike bag probably won’t fit your new wheels. Pain in the arse that is.

To be fair, my bag struggled to fit a 26″ bike 8 years ago due to the wheelbase! Forks and tires had to come off to get everything in!

I really should bin it or flog it to a roadie.

molgrips
    Free Member

The 29er fits in my Neil Pryde bag, but the wheels don’t fit in the wheel bags, even if I deflate the tyres. But only just.

The other bag I have is too short really.

Northwind

I need to undo the shock and fold up my Remedy frame to get it into my bag, modern geometry has gone too far!1!! It’s only a bloomin large.

mboy
    Free Member

Deja Vu… Anyone else? 🙄

Oh hang on… The phone just rang… It’s for the OP… 2007 have called, they want their thread back! Next we’ll be asking when the “new forum” is coming… 😉

They should make a size halfway between the two and get the best of both worlds.

Just a shame nobody told the marketing men. Dang! What a shame that is…

billyboy
    Free Member

Steering won’t be as tight and accurate.

You will roll over shit much easier.

You won’t pinch flat as much

teamslug
    Free Member

You will need to make sure the brakes are good cos you will be going so much faster and your smugness will ramp up considerably as you ride past folks on 27.5 as they look at you and realise they bought the wrong wheel size. 🙂

poah
    Free Member

You’ll start to look at men in a different way

ransos
    Free Member

They’re fiiine, the schwalbe 27.5 and 29 tube is the same thing, 26 is only a wee bit smaller.

Yebbut 29er tubes are directional.

belugabob
    Free Member

Be aware that you’ll be riding over roots/logs/dogs/children without even realising that they’re there.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

did anyone mention that thing, you know the really important thing, about the way it does that when you do that thing, it’s important

mlke
    Free Member

The only negative with bigger wheels for me comes when riding tight twisty singletrack. My bigger wheeled longer wheel base bike doesn’t hold the nice line quite as well as my old 26″ hardtail

honourablegeorge

Northwind – Member
    I need to undo the shock and fold up my Remedy frame to get it into my bag, modern geometry has gone too far!1!! It’s only a bloomin large.

Spare a thought for us Geometron owners. Although the Evoc bag manages surprisingly well with the Longest.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘26er to 29er- anything to be aware of?’ is closed to new replies.