Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 26er Full Sus Frames
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

So who is still actually making 26er full sus frames??

rhid

Kona are making one. Can’t remember what its called though. I think its a Process model – maybe something like the 167?

stevied
    Free Member

Liteville (although 26″ is recommended on the smaller frames). I’m running a large 601 on 26″ and it’s brilliant

devash
    Free Member

From memory I think you can put 26 wheels on some of the new Transition frames.

DougD

Transition Suppressor

euain

Pivot Mach 5.7c

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Liteville (although 26″ is recommended on the smaller frames). I’m running a large 601 on 26″ and it’s brilliant

They actually recommend 24″ rear on the extra small models.

I’ve just bought and built an XL 601. I chose 26″ rear and 650B front.
    Shakedown was last weekend at Inners/Golfie. Happy 😀

AlexSimon

Banshee still have dropouts for both.

raisinhat
    Free Member

Don’t banshee bikes still do different dropouts so you can put 26″ wheels on?

Edit: beaten by seconds

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

something similiar came up not too long ago

26 ers

jedi

I bought two ariel saracen frames 14x and 16x sooooo cheap and so good from Stanley bridge cycles in Waltham abbey

stevied
    Free Member

Ecky, how did it ride with the 27.5 front? It’s something I’ve got it mind when funds allow, keeping the 26″ rear..

stevied
    Free Member

Chain reaction have an Intense tracer 2 on sale for £1200.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

how did it ride with the 27.5 front? It’s something I’ve got it mind when funds allow, keeping the 26″ rear..

Absolutely brilliantly 😀
    No surprise though as that’s the same setup I’ve ridden on 601s in Garda and Finale.
    40mm Syntace rim on the front with a 2.5″ “Liteville special” vertstar Magic Mary.
    Had Saturday on the uplift at Innerleithen as a suspension set-up/tuning day and it rode very well on the steep stuff (Goldrun and Cresta).
    Then had a full day Sunday on the Golfie trails and found that I had more controlled grip than my mates on the silly steep stuff. I could brake and turn where they were sliding out, on trails like “No Social” and “Wolf of Wall St” if you’re familiar.

650B front and 26″ rear is definitely the way to go on the 601.

Leku
    Free Member

http://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-sx-26-c102x2507328

some Commencal ones still available..

ajantom

DMR Bolt – 26″ as standard, but you can swop the dropouts for 27.5 (or use 27.5 wheels with *just* enough clearance 😉 )

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘26er Full Sus Frames’ is closed to new replies.