Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 26 x 2.5 or 2.6 trail tyre
  • roverpig

I’ve got a Magic Mary 2.35 trailstar on the front of my 26″ Five, which is great in winter but I fancy something a bit fatter on there for summer. Looking at the old fox 32 fork I reckon I could get a 2.5 or a 2.6 in there, but all the tyres I’ve seen that size are heavy downhill jobs. So, does anybody make a 2.5 or 2.6 trail tyre in 26″ ? It would need to be a “true” 2.5 though, rather than 2.3 with 2.5 written on the side, which I understand is an issue with some manufacturers (Maxxis?)

Thanks.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2.5 maxxis are a decent size and probably as big as you could get in an old 32, they were never that spacious

roverpig

Thanks. So Maxxis Minion DHF Exo 26×2.5 would do the job then? Looks as though I just need to decide between 60a and 42a compounds. It’s going to be paired with a Nobby Nic 2.25 pacestar for natural Scottish stuff. So, everything from loose rocks to peat bogs really 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can’t tell you how much room you would have, not seen a 32 in a long time and it will depend on what rims you are running

honourablegeorge

I doubt you’ll find bigger than 2.35 Magic Mary in the Maxxis range without going plus

squirrelking
    Free Member

Super Tacky won’t last any amount of time, I’d go 60a. Shame you can’t get the 50a tyres as they were a good compromise.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘26 x 2.5 or 2.6 trail tyre’ is closed to new replies.