Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 26" Wheel set – the old size….. best online deals ? – any hidden gem bargains
  • COZZY
    Free Member

As 650b and 29ers are everywhere – Im hoping theres good deals on decent disc compatible wheel sets for the old…. 26″ size.

Are there any hidden online gem bargains anywhere please ?

jekkyl

Tons! on here, ebay and pinkbike! why buy new?

deviant
    Free Member

Superstar had loads not too long ago. On-One Reetard wheels for £100 also do the job but are narrow (19mm internal) by modern standards.
    I have some Pacenti rims on SS hubs that are 25mm internal, and build nice and cheap on Superstars wheel builder page, found them perfect for my hardtail.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Superstar – second that for amazing deals

Northwind

I’d go second hand too- sold a few sets this last year for depressingly small amounts of money, keeping most of the rest, as much for the hubs as anything else.

leythervegas
    Free Member

On one reetards are down to 79.99. Was seriously tempted myself but got a 2nd hand pair off a bloke on here. If you post in the wanted section the helpful people on here will always give you a few options.

COZZY
    Free Member

cheers all.

Tracey

I got some new DT Swiss, needed 26″ qr and a beefed up set for the Chameleon, from a ebay site in Poland last week for less than £150 posted. They had loads of different builds. Arrived safely within the week. Posted same day and tracked all the way. Think they started of from Germany. Very impressed

rockhopper70

I’ve been posting in the wanted section for about three months for this very thing without success!

Then stumbled across a set of bontrager wheels on eBay, they had been taken off a new bike so brand new, disc specific. I met the chap today on the m62, £45 changed hands and I think I’ve got a bargain.
    So, just keep a close eye out is my tip.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘26" Wheel set – the old size….. best online deals ? – any hidden gem bargains’ is closed to new replies.