• This topic has 35 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • 26" wheel full suss frame….
  • Simon

I’m thinking of replacing my Cannondale Prophet frame ‘cos it’s getting on a bit and the BB shell threads are ****, I might get it repaired but fancy a change anyway.

New frame needs to work with a 150mm Revelation fork and old fashioned 26″ wheels, and preferably be new and less than £1000.
    Give me some ideas!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Nukeproof Mega TR on CRC, last time I checked they were selling for around 850.

Simon

Mega TR is what I keep coming back to. They were down to something like £713 a couple of weeks ago but that was before I knew the Prophet was unrideable.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

What size you after mate?

New yeti sb66?

swanny853

Commencal Meta AM from the commencal outlet store?

Simon

Probably a medium in most stuff.

tmb467
    Free Member

There seemed to be a few 2011 5-spots last week when I was looking

So I got one and it’s very nice

(Classifieds I mean. Mate got a TR and loves it btw)

Simon

Want new really but good condition used frames under £500 would be an option.
    Got a trip to Wales in mid June and don’t fancy hardtailling it, so I need to sort out something in the next few weeks!

jam-bo

Just bought a mint 2012 orange st4 for £300. It rocks and seems to be dirt cheap because it’s not a five.

matay
    Free Member
    choppersquad
    Free Member

Yeti 575?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ll watch this thread closely. The wife today passed comment about wanting to upgrade the frame on her 2006 stumpy fsr. Although when I asked what she wanted the new bike to do that the old one didn’t, there wasn’t much of a response.

Her bike is newer than mine anyway. I’m on a 2005 6-pack (and can’t see anything I’d rather be riding).

jonnyrockymountain

Stick with your prophet, you will struggle to find anything better, why cannondale stopped making I will never know

sam3000

Cove hustler 2011. Team blue in vgc.
    Its a medium. 1 careful owner (me!)

1 1/8th steerer 26″ wheels.
    Selling/ swapping due to wanting less rear travel/ maybe a hardtail.

Based in Huddersfield

Simon

Would a Titus El Guapo be ok with a 150mm Revelation or would it lower the bb height too much?

acidchunks

Was in nwmtb yesterday and they’ve got a 26″ sc heckler for 699. Straight steerer, not sure on size.

daver27
    Free Member

saracen ariel 14x or 16x. awesome bits of kit

core

HIJACK!

On a similar theme – I fancy a 26″ full sus frame so I can swap the bits off my hardtail on to it, and help justify a racey 29er hardtail build.

Any ideas for something to take 120mm rebas, with straight steerer?

Mackem

Someone on here has a 5-spot for sale for 275 quid. I cant afford it, but i’m still tempted.

tomaso
    Free Member

Merlin have Mondraker Foxy frames at under £1k

Jrrr
    Free Member

simon coming from an el guapo owner, I wouldn’t run a 150 rev. 160 mm fork minimum, I use a x fusion slant at 545mm axle to crown height and it feels good.

Really does have a low BB though, so you do have to keep it in mind on some obstacles

Simon

Thanks for that Jrrr, confirms my suspicions.

Tomaso, I’ll take a look at those Mondrakers. Are they designed to use those really short stems?

acidchunks

For balance, I have two mates that run 150 revs on their El guanos, neither have any problems.

ryderredman
    Free Member

Have you thought about an empire MX6-EVO? 1K, brand new, 26 with the bonus of 650b compatibility for futureness. That was going to be the frame I bought if I somehow fell out with my BFe.

Simon

Empire had a stand at the Gisburn PMBA Enduro. I had a look at the MX6 EVO. Price is good and I like the 650b/26″ compatibility. Thing is it’s a new way of making bikes and I’d feel like I was paying to be a tester, bloke I spoke to was cagey about how many they had actually sold and were out there being ridden.
    And they look odd and I’m not keen on the
    graphics.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Simon I have a 2010 Cube Stereo frame which I’m stripping down to sell. was designed for 150mm forks and will come with all the bits so someone can bolt their kit straight on.
    As you may know (jas will confirm) I’ve hardly used it.
    The Hope Headset is for a straight 1 1/8 steerer tube and the rear is Syntace X-12 (142×12) I have a wheel, but Hope hubs easily convert with a kit. seat tube is 34.9 but I have a converter for a reverb (30.9 I think). head tube is 1.5 so a slackset can be used if you want more raked out forks.
    Let me know if you’re interested. Unfortunately I sold the forks and brakes, but as everything else is still attached we could easily put the bike back together again for a test ride if you have brakes and forks.

ferrit
    Free Member

Liteville 301!!

z1ppy

Simon, just fix the prophet for now, at £60 (for helicoil) is pittance to get yourself going again short term & then look at frame without the ‘panic’ of needing a bike. Also the frame will be valueless ‘broken’, but still worth around £200-£250 in working condition.

Core – there millions of bike that fit the “120mm travel & straight steerer”, start your own thread, with your requirements (slack/racy/multi-pivot/single pivot/etc) to get a decent response.

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

I have a small Cotic Hemlock for sale in the classifides – fine if you’re 5’9″ or less (according to Cotic size chart). That’ll work fine with your 150mm fork.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-cotic-hemlock-frame-small-and-shock-200-202

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

theonlywayisup – Member
    I have a small Cotic Hemlock for sale in the classifides – fine if you’re 5’9″ or less (according to Cotic size chart). That’ll work fine with your 150mm fork.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-cotic-hemlock-frame-small-and-shock-200-202

… err, no I don’t. Just checked and it sold on eBay a couple of minutes ago 😳

Simon

z1ppy – Member
    Simon, just fix the prophet for now, at £60 (for helicoil) is pittance to get yourself going again short term & then look at frame without the ‘panic’ of needing a bike. Also the frame will be valueless ‘broken’, but still worth around £200-£250 in working condition.

^^This is my plan. Been to my nearest Cannondale dealer today, they advised me that Cannondale wouldn’t warranty the frame and pointed me in the direction of BETD and gave me a large cardboard box. Well it was worth a try 🙂

Still fancy a brand new frame though…..

tomaso
    Free Member

Simon I think the XR Mondrakers have the zero stem but not the RR – could be wrong on that though

z1ppy

Fairy muff, as they are great frame.. btw BETD will only want the front triangle, which saves you some postage (smaller box required)…

Simon

Zippy, do you think I should get both sides done, or just the stripped drive side?

z1ppy

I was skint at the time I had mine done, so just went with the drive side, and being realistic as your not planning to keep it, why spend more of money on it than you need… Though I’ve not had issues with the non-drive side, and I’ve only ever heard about the drive side going.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘26" wheel full suss frame….’ is closed to new replies.