Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 26" or 29" what do you think??
  • STJOHN
    Free Member

Ok folks…….time to treat myself and buy myself a new toy. 29″ appear to be the new way to go

I intend to get the scott spark (currently have an Anthem) So what are your thoughts on the 29″?

I have booked in for a test ride but still interested to hear what you thoughts are

Open flood gate ;-))

TheBrick
    Free Member

There have been unsubstantiated reports of exploding wheels…

Do they still make bikes with 26″ wheels then ?
    I suppose kids have got to learn on something.

singlespeedstu

TheBrick – Member

There have been unsubstantiated reports of exploding wheels…
    Watch out or grum will be along to tell you how un funny you are with your old joke.

hugor
    Free Member

I prefer red sauce on my bacon butty’s but most people I work with like brown sauce.

rob2
    Free Member

Is that a euphemism ? 😉

TooTall
    Free Member

29″ appear to be the new way to go

Only if you follow some sort of ideas that are not your own. Try one if you fancy one – if you ask someone else about your other bikes, crack on – otherwise make your own mind up.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Watch out or grum will be along to tell you how un funny you are with your old joke.

I like to live dangerously.

_tom_
    Free Member

I like the idea for tame bridleways, canal paths and other typical East Midlands-type riding. For anything else I’d rather not, seems like they would feel too clumsy for lots of jumping and stuff. And I don’t like long wheelbased bikes.

singlespeedstu

8)

ahwiles
    Free Member

for no logical reason, everything associated with 29″ wheels costs approximately 40% more…

is it some kind of leg-tax?

ruscle
    Free Member

29ers rock, my mum loves her’s, say’s the basket on the front is really helpful…

yossarian
    Free Member

Ignore all the bollocks about sluggish steering, long wheelbases etc etc. Go and actually ride a couple and decide whether it’s good for you. It is just another bike, no more no less.

TheBrick
    Free Member

@_tom_
    I wouldn’t have a 29er if you want a jump bike or a free ride bike of course but for most other everyday riding they don’t feel clumbsy at all.

hugor
    Free Member

You will only get a lot of personal opinions here on this most controversial subject, much like your preference in butty sauce.
    Your thread topic will naturally give you a bias towards 29er fans.
    You may have to try one out for yourself.
    If you do, I suggest you give it a few rides not a quick burn in a carpark or trail to form your opinions.
    They are very different.

singlespeedstu

my mum loves her’s

I did hear your mom likes the extra 3″…

STJOHN
    Free Member

Interesting opinions thanks 😆 😆

kimbers

i prefer 650b
    if only because its a metric measurement- inches are for squares

Rorschach
    Free Member

Some people like them……some people do not like them.
    You might be one the former…….or one of the latter.

Markie
    Free Member

How tall are you? Me, at 5’8″ I prefer 26ers but am glad that others (including plenty shorter than me!) who prefer to ride bigger wheels are fully supported in doing so.

That said, I will start to become a 26″ zealot when tyre manufacturers start to move away from the size…

big_n_daft
    Free Member

interested to hear what you thoughts are

you are a troll?

I would suggest trying anything that you are likely to spend a lot of money on

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘26" or 29" what do you think??’ is closed to new replies.