Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 26 Lyrik charger damper upgrade – quick review
  • Scamper
    Free Member

Purchased the above from CRC for circa £240 to upgrade my 2013 DP RC2DH 160 Lyriks. Pretty easy to install especially if you are confident in doing basic servicing on your forks. The upgrade came with a bleed kit but no installation instructions but you can use a combination of the old 2011 and new 2016 Lyrik tech manuals to remove the old damper and drop in the new. It comes with RCT3 LSC and rebound adjustment and the open, trail and lock off.

It’s early days without any real tuning so far, but having read about the Pike I was expecting miracles when it came to general trail chatter and small bump improvement, which I’m not sure if always there. Having said that I think the LSC adjustment (and the rebound) is less pronounced but when set covers all bases. With the previous damper I had to tweak the LSC depending on the type of trail.

However what was remarkable is the forks now feel as if they have more pop to them and I think this may be down to greater support or perhaps the rapid recovery gizmo? It will take a while to get used to but I now have increased confidence in placing and manoeuvring the bike down the trail and my limited jumping has improved. As a result I think I will end up running a bit more rebound compression than before.

Currently 25% sag, 120 psi, 1 click of LSC and 6 off slow for rebound.

Northwind

Interesting, cheers for the review- I went from a Lyrik to a Pike and tbh weight aside I always considered it a pretty big downgrade, went back to the Lyrik in the end. Not a fair comparison as the Lyrik was coil so I’ve always wondered how much is the damper and how much the spring

(If I was sure, I’d probably already have coil’d my 29er Pike but I’m not that certain…)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘26 Lyrik charger damper upgrade – quick review’ is closed to new replies.