Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 26"+ hardcore hardtail choices?
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Hi folks.

Been tinkering all day today and and I’m considering a new build with some parts I’ve got. Sticking point is it needs to work with a 26″ Lyrik (160mm tapered fork) and a 26″ stans flow wheel set (Hope pro11 so any width rear end as I’ve got a boostinator sat around doing nothing too plus 135 and 142 axlea.

So.. hardcore 26+ type frame? Not going 3″ but I reckon the flows can work nicely with a 2.5

COTIC bfe
    PRIVEE Shan

What else?

colournoise

If they’re Flow mk3 you can get away with a 2.8 too, but your tyre choice at that size is a bit limited (especially if Maxxis won’t answer your emails about the Minion DHF plus).

anotherstan
    Free Member

Surly Instigator for 26+
    Designed for 50mm rims and 3″ tyres, but you’ll need a 650 fork.

Highly recommended.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Flows are fine with 2.5 maxxis and easily enough tyre for “hardcore” and lots of selections available.

core

New Bfe

chilled76
    Free Member

If I was to 2.5 are there any older frames that can cope that I could pick up second hand?

Preferably something not too heavy too.

kayla1
    Free Member

‘Old’ BFe 275. Now the new spanky LLS one’s out you should be able to pick an old shape 275 one up for £notverymuchatall. I love mine with 26″ wheels in but 26+ is a little squeaky at the back if you’re using a full top and bottom chain doofer- the 2.8 Ranger sometimes rubs on the inside of the chain doofer bottom guide but it clears the stays ok.

A BFe 275 with 26+ wheels, yesterday-

edit- if you bung an angleset in the old BFe275 I don’t think it’d be a kick in the pants off where the new one is, but I love it as it is. It’s just old school enough to be awesome fun without being too winch and plummet.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nice 🙂

gribble
    Free Member

New Bfe, or old Bfe. Sorted.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘26"+ hardcore hardtail choices?’ is closed to new replies.