Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • 26" FS frame bargains
  • vorlich
    Free Member

Munrobiker’s thread has got me thinking. Are there any frame only bargains left, or has everyone got rid of them already?

I have Soul with a 120-150 TALAS on it, which is great, the fork was bought with one eye on building a Rocket eventually, but that doesn’t look like an option now.

The Soul has been sat in a box for the past year as I bought a Mukluk, then a Jones. I think there is just too much overlap in what I can do with the Jones and the Soul, so I’m thinking the Soul frame has to go and I can build up a full susser for big mountain days so I don’t get too beat up on rougher stuff.

Are there any bargains out there? I guess I’m looking for something slacker than the Soul, but I don’t really keep up with what’s on the market, so I’ve no idea what’s good, or not.

The other option might be to move on the Soul/forks/wheels and buy something new if I found a bargain for less than £2k, realistically £1.5k would be better.

limkilde
    Free Member

Go to the Commencal hompage plenty of 26″ fs frames for graps

sambuka
    Free Member

This one looks good:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1689937/

😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bargin. Well looked after bike too, would be a right good buy as a donor bike too.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nukeproof mega tr from CRC?

vorlich
    Free Member

I really like the look of that bandit, unfortunately, this discussion is purely theretical ATM. But that’s exactly the type of build I’m thinking about. Any purchase will likely involve a credit card though, so classifieds aren’t ideal.

Kit
    Free Member

New or used? I’ve got a 18″ Orange ST4 for sale. Well, been meaning to sell it since the start of the year but couldn’t be arsed cleaning it, getting photos, etc…

Rosss
    Free Member

Couldn’t you sell the soul frame first

Those cheap mega tr on crc look ace.

iain1775
    Free Member

2014 Devinci Dixon RS carbon swing arm in medium for £649 reduced from £1600?

http://www.freeborn.co.uk/devinci-dixon-xp-bike-2013-13958

vorlich
    Free Member

They don’t have the Megas in my size unfortunately, and I don’t fancy an Orange. 😛

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

What about Saracen 14X I did what you thinking moved everything from the soul to a full sus, the 14x, only thing I had to get was new front mech, (had top pull only) and a seat post.
    first ride on the bike yesterday and was good, Just need to tweak/play with the settings it a little

cloudnine
    Free Member

What about a spitfire 975 Euros
    http://26bikes.com/shop/parts/frames/enduro-all-mountain/prod/banshee-spitfire-2012

Has anyone ridden 26″ wheels in one of those megas?

chakaping
    Free Member

You could build up a great AM 29er for around £1.5k, might be more suitable for the sort of riding you’re thinking anyway?

I’ve been doing a fair bit of big mountain stuff on mine and it’s much more capable than my old Zesty, which had a 160mm fork.

Just a thought.

vorlich
    Free Member

Those Saracens at £700 look decent, I can’t find the geo on their website though. Is their naming convention just the model year? So 14x =2014, 15x= 2015?

EDIT: I see it’s the travel, not model year.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

FRAME SIZES S 15″ M 17″ L 19″
    ST Seat Tube Length (mm) 393.7 431.8 482.6
    TT Horizontal Toptube Length (mm) 565 590 615
    HT Headtube Length (mm) 115 115 115
    HA Head Angle 68° 68° 68°
    SA Seat Angle 72° 72° 72°
    CS Chanstay Length (mm) 434 434 434
    BB BB Drop (mm) 1 1 6
    WB Wheelbase Length (mm) 1087 1113 1138

with your 150mm make it a little slacker.
    the 15X is also 27.5″ wheel
    What size are you looking at?

vorlich
    Free Member

Cheers, Probably the large.

How does it compare to the Soul?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Cove G-Spot (Free Shipping, incl. GST)

Cove G-Spot for $1600US which is about a grand, or half what they cost new – you’ll have to pay the import duty but they could probably knock off the GST 12% for export.

terrahawk
    Free Member
    Sodajim

Anyone know if these are the pre bearing equipped versions that came with bushes and are to be avoided?

I have a real itch for a Spitfire at the moment !

thanks

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I really like the look of that bandit, unfortunately, this discussion is purely theretical ATM. But that’s exactly the type of build I’m thinking about. Any purchase will likely involve a credit card though, so classifieds aren’t ideal.

Withdraw 1500 from credit card, will cost 2.5% (£37.50) and but it cash?

munrobiker
    Free Member

The De Vinci looks most like what I rode all that on. I ride a carbon Specialized Stumpjumper Evo. I picked up the frame for £800ish second hand.

There’s this on Pinkbike, the rest seem to be going for mad money now-
    http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1601976/

I’d recommend 140mm to 160mm- it really increases the enjoyment of big mountain riding as a lot of the stuff is big technical features and you’re usually tired from hauling the thing uphill for 3 hours. Mine is also pretty light (26lbs) which helps a lot when carrying and is the main reason I opted for it in carbon.

vorlich
    Free Member

Is it your bike Nobeer? I could be interested in frame/brakes/drivetrain. But I don’t really fancy sticking it on the card just to sell bits I don’t need on again.

Munrobiker, I think that’s key really, gonna need something that can compensate somewhat for a tired rider on the descents.

munrobiker
    Free Member

It does make a big difference. I used to do all this on a Five weighing well above 30lbs. It was good, but I remember being tired and struggling to handle it more often. A light bike that you can move about more easily makes a big difference in tech stuff.

Also, if you do get one, I’d thoroughly recommend riding your namesake. Ben Vorlich’s a good one!

hora
    Free Member

Anyone know if these are the pre bearing equipped versions that came with bushes and are to be avoided?

I have a real itch for a Spitfire at the moment !

This is the one that you don’t want. That Dixon looks good- why is it cheap?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Is it your bike Nobeer? I could be interested in frame/brakes/drivetrain. But I don’t really fancy sticking it on the card just to sell bits I don’t need on again.

No, not mine, and unfortunately I have no need for it! Just think it’s a great buy, and know the guy looks after his kit (posts on Trailscotland)

devash
    Free Member

Go to the Commencal hompage plenty of 26″ fs frames for graps

Meta SL 2013 frame €600 (£480 at the current exchange rate)

http://www.commencal-store.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=12501638

Very similar geometry to a Yeti ASR-5

Sodajim

Cheers Hora I thought that was the case

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘26" FS frame bargains’ is closed to new replies.