Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 26" frame to build junior 29er?
  • Murray

I’ve got a bunch of spares in my parts pile including a couple of sets of 26″ wheels. I was wondering if there are any frames that I could build onto to make a mini 29er for my daughter?

DickBarton

You mean make a standard bike…the whole point of a 29er is the fact it uses 29″ wheels…so if the bike uses 26″ wheels then it is a 26″ bike, not a junior 29er…still plenty of places a 29er is worse than a 26″ so not everyone is looking for the road-esque knobbly wheels.

steezysix
    Free Member

I think what he means is a 26″ for a kid will be like a 29″ for an adult – rolls better over rough ground so better for confidence if they’re new to biking?
    I’d say as long as the frame is the right size then go for it!

Murray

@steezysix, that’s the idea. I’m thinking I need a frame with short seatstays and a low toptube to make it work for a 9 year old.

Murray

Sort of like the Islabike Beinn 26 small…

RobHilton
    Free Member

short seatstays and a low toptube

Well, I would say a 4x frame, but was informed the other day they’re too heavy for an adult female and the geometry is weird – quite possibly by someone who’s never ridden one 😕

Anyhoo… at 9 years old she might be a little dinky for that idea – I realise it doesn’t answer your ponderings, but have you seen the Transition Ripcord? Looks ace and probly costs a fortune

Murray

Transition Ripcord = wow, want!

oxym0r0n

13″ inbred?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘26" frame to build junior 29er?’ is closed to new replies.