• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by 5lab.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 26″ forks
  • Jakester
    Free Member

Are there any companies that still do decent 26″ forks?

I have a Mk2 Soul, love riding it, but the forks on it are pretty shagged. I enquired with a couple of the tuning co’s about refurbs and they suggested that it may be difficult to get the parts needed.

I already have another set of forks on a different bike it’s impossible to get spares for (some Marz 66’s bought new in 2007).

My concern is that if I buy second-hand I might run into the same problems down the line.

So are there any decent new 26″ straight steerer forks out there, or am I resigned to buying second hand and crossing my fingers?

Edit: oh, and a new bike, desirable as that might be, isn’t on the cards!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I don’t know of any new, but I have used van36 and float36 looking for new homes.

Jakester
    Free Member

akira

You’re on second hand unfortunately, the bonus is there are lots and they’ll be cheap. Like the Revelations I have kicking about, or the Lyriks in the loft. Spares for most forks still reasonably easy to get.

mehr
    Free Member

RSF can press a straight steerer into tapered forks, no idea much but give him a ring to get
    an idea of budget

Jakester
    Free Member

Onzadog

I don’t know of any new, but I have used van36 and float36 looking for new homes.

I *think* I’ve sent you a message…

mehr
    Subscriber

RSF can press a straight steerer into tapered forks, no idea much but give him a ring to get
    an idea of budget

Is that this lot?

I presume I’d need a model fork which had a straight steerer offered as an option? I may well give him a bell, thanks!

trumpton
    Free Member

Rockshox still do forks as does suntour and manitou.think they are low end ones though.do a forum search on here as there was a chinese and German retailer.

tomhoward

Bit spendy, but how about a 2021 Fox 36 Grip2?

Really.

Otherwise, Manitou Markhor, comes in every configuration you can imagine, for not much money.

scuttler

Are Markhors available in the UK? Seem hard to get. If not what are anyone’s experiences ordering from HK/Taiwan?

mehr
    Free Member

@jakester that’s him, he just takes out the tapered steerer then puts a straight one in

Jakester
    Free Member

tomhoward
    Subscriber

Bit spendy, but how about a 2021 Fox 36 Grip2?

Really.

Eeek!

tomhoward

Only did a very quick google, but looks like CRC, decathlon and some german sites have them? (Markhors)

epicsteve
    Free Member

I was thinking about getting new forks for my Soul as I wanted a more XC build so was looking for something lighter than the Pikes that were on it. There didn’t seem to be much about new so I did look at 2nd hand however decided in the end to just stick an ancient set of 85-125 Fox Talas from my spares bin onto it. God knows how old the are, but they still seem to be working fine.

If I needed another set I think I’d be going down the 2nd hand route, however some of the better condition 26″ stuff on Ebay does look quite pricey now.

5lab

why not just run a 26″ wheel in a 650b fork? Admittedly you’re still limited with the straight steerer, but it should open options a little

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘26″ forks’ is closed to new replies.