Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 26'' commuter tyres
  • HansRey

hi,

i'm looking for some fast rolling tyres to commute in a city with. They'll be going on a 717 rim. I'm after cheap…

Ritchey Tom Slick 1.4'' … Are these too small to fit onto my rims? They seem good value.

Geax Laczem . Any better than the ritcheys?

Continental City Ride

What do you recommend? Have i missed any others? Or have you some lying around that you want rid of?

cheers,
    HR

Dangerboy
    Free Member
    angryratio
    Free Member

city rides.

giantjason
    Free Member

+1 schwalbe marathon

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Specialized Nimbus did alright for road stuff for me. The armadillo flat prevention might have worked (didn't get any flats) and might carry on working for you.

dyna-ti

I have schwalbe hurricane for this duty.cheap but not too cheap.And a nice reflective band running parallel to the rim for safety.
    It has a rough short grip ideal for pathways with side knobbles and a central ridge for smooth rolling.
    Also kevlar belted against punctures

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

+1 for spec nimbus. I'm using some schwalbe city jets, there 1.95 so not the thinnest tyres you gonna get but they are pretty slick, and have options for puncture protection

woffle
    Free Member

I ran Schwalbe Marathons on my folder until I had new wheels built and could run road tyres. They're good for about 5000 miles and pretty good though maybe a little on the heavy side if you go for the fully puncture protected version (which works pretty well, I think I got about 2 in total in the life of the tyre)

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Vittoria Randonneur Pro: CLICKY CLICKY

Light, folding, double puncture protection, good price and free delivery.

Superb tyre, these go up to 95psi and they are very 'comfortable' to ride, not harsh.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Fast?

Conti grand prix
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=39338

or spesh all condition pro

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘26'' commuter tyres’ is closed to new replies.