• This topic has 16 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 26" chunky monkey – tubeless
  • cp

Has anyone managed to successfully install a 26″ chunky monkey tubeless? I’ve not tried yet but planning to… nicked the tube out of the wheel for the commuter and as I took the CM off the rim (SS Sentinel tubeless) the bead is really loose and looks like there’s going to be a fight at best to get tubeless.

Anyone successfully done it? I notice the 27.5 sizes are listed as tubeless but not the 26″

chakaping
    Free Member

Never had any bother with it on my old Crossmax SX.

And that was probably before I got a compressor.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

I had one in 26″ blow off a stans rim when inflating it
    I crapped myself! I shortly put a tube in after my ears stopped ringing

weeksy

the 29er CM go up effortlessly. Did one just the other day.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ran one on my old Flows absolutely fine.

jamesoz

I find they need a couple of extra wraps of tape if they’re used and have gone a bit baggy.

jakd95
    Free Member

Just put up a 29er CM up tubeless yesterday on a WTB rim, went up fine with a track pump. Reasonably old tyre too.

chillidave
    Free Member

I’ve been running them tubeless for 3 years now, pretty much the easiest to get inflated that I’ve tried personally. They were doable with just a track pump and I’ve only had one puncture in that time.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Have used one myself on flows and flow EX’s without any issues.

vmgscot

Yep, still running them today – one is on a Superstar EX23 rim and the other on an old DT EX5.1 – both using Gorilla tape.

Del

happy with them – ghetto.

richardthird

Loads, faultless on crests, 26 and 29

MartynS

I have CM tubeless on my hard tail, my god were they a massive ball ache to do.

Extra tape on the rim is a good shout, access to a compressor or air shot would be really handy!!!

dubber
    Free Member

29er chunky monkey went up tubeless first time with a track pump no problem.

The On One Smorgasbord took a few attempts though.

Both great tyres for the price.

cp

Great feedback thanks folks. I’ll give it a whirl with a couple of wraps of tape

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Yep, doodle to get up on flow mk2’s with a compressor. Found they burped easier though than other tyres run at the same (admittedly very low) pressures

andyl
    Free Member

3 wraps of stans tape on a 26″ Arch mk3 and up it went. easy.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘26" chunky monkey – tubeless’ is closed to new replies.