Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)
  • 26 Ain't Dead
  • cogitoergosum
    Free Member

Apologies kids, my choice of the word “serpentine” was ridiculous! I think I just meant steep, techy, and zig-zag(gy). Though I’m a few Black Sheep to the wind right now so who knows.

Is pussywillow an ex pinkbike grom? Chats like it

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I don’t get how PW didn’t learn owt after tge last time he told that story. I just don’t geddit.

rOcKeTdOg

And as for Greg “Rad” Minaar?, Pfft!…..yada…yada….shut yer yank claptrap

er..

neallyman
    Free Member

Pussy.

‘nuf said…

And as for Greg “Rad” Minaar?, Pfft!…..yada…yada….shut yer yank claptrap

mega lol

hora
    Free Member

I think I stand in the third camp; not fusssed. I will buy whatever is ridiculously cheap or on sale. A bike companies nightmare.

If you showed me a £400 half decent 29’er hardtail rigid 2ndhand bike I would buy/ride it and not be fussed. Its all good, just different.

somafunk

Rocketdog : I admit my mega fail and hereby deserve all STW ridicule 😕

pypdjl
    Free Member

I will buy whatever is ridiculously cheap small

chiefgrooveguru

I’m going to buy a 650B just to annoy pussywillow…

scandal42
    Free Member

I’ll ride my 456C until they stop making 26″ components, then I’ll simply wack some 650b on her as if nothing happened.

Of course we all know this won’t happen any time soon, so until then I’ll just enjoy riding a bike.

hora
    Free Member

I wonder – how about running 26 rear/27.5 front?

rOcKeTdOg

27.5 rear 29″ front would make the trails immortal not just come alive

66deg
    Free Member

OK so i have re watched the vid following the handle bars all the way down to see how bad the drug addled ferret is and apart from one split second incident it all looked very good to me.
    But i’ll still buy the sticker if i’ts made!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Just marketing BS to push an out dated standard.

eBay will be flooded with Vintage NOS 2011 26″ rims by Christmas.

wwaswas

Just marketing BS to push an out dated standard

*sniggers*

pussywillow
    Free Member

cogitoergosum – Member 
    Apologies kids, my choice of the word “serpentine” was ridiculous! I think I just meant steep, techy, and zig-zag(gy). Though I’m a few Black Sheep to the wind right now so who knows.

Is pussywillow an ex pinkbike grom? Chats like it

POSTED 9 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Aye up buddie, you need to look above for what the word serp rider is, you’ve got it wrong there mate, a serp track is the opposite of techy I keep telling you! 😆

Hornet600
    Free Member

Given that I can ride most of local trails on my cross bike, mtb wheelsize doesn’t really matter; the joys of East Anglia!!

I also own a Cotic Soda and will stick with 26 until they stop making good tyres for the 26 size or the frame is damaged!

boltonjon

Cy – are you gonna start selling the t-shirts?

Want one 🙂

dragon
    Free Member

To be honest if he’d ridden that on a 29er, then due to the superior grip and traction, he’d most certainly have been as fast, but not so out of control.

martinxyz
    Free Member

No, he’d have flown out of the first berm!

Hora, instead of your 26 rear/650 front thought.. why not try 650 both ends? I tried dropping the hints earlier in this thread but the debate went on.. for no reason!

duir
    Free Member

The reason that the world famous “American” 😀 mountain biker Greg Minaar is having a go at 26″ is because he is about ready to retire from DH and join the rest of the former DH stars on the Enduro circuit. The bike Santa Cruz will pay him to ride and promote will be the Bronson a re-packaged Blur LT with 27.5 wheels.

Don’t worry, the greedy con merchants that seem to run most big bike companies will re-package their bikes as 26″ the new standard in a few years.

andyrm
    Free Member

Minaar’s comment’s typical of his whining this season…… Getting as bad as Lopes for moaning and b*tching like a schoolgirl. Remember seeing Tracey Moseley schooling him and Lopes on Twitter earlier this year. Not a cool way for a pro athlete to behave.

Back on topic though, I love that video – he’s properly ragging that BFE, and I know several very fast hardtail riders who have that kind of aggro, loose style – something like a BFE or a Slackline lends itself well. I think we’ll see things becoming more sensible soon as riders select the wheelsize that suits their size, build and riding style best, rather than on the back of what they’re told is the best.

duir
    Free Member

Here here! Minaar is well known for his super smooth style but that’s on a 10″ travel V10. I think Gregory is selling that rider short with his comments. He looks out of shape at points because that’s what it looks like when a really good rider rides a bit beyond what the bike is capable of. Lot’s more body English required on a hardtail.

plus-one

You can actually buy bikes that aren’t 26″ ???? They kept that quiet !!!! 🙁

RickDraper
    Free Member

RAD Video. Its mega donga. they need to make more and release it on DVD, its got potential to be the 200X’s DIRT classic but better.

kimbers

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/preview-konas-2015-lineup.html

no carbon process, but looking at the dent in my process swingarma after a week in the alps, maybe thats a good thing!

Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘26 Ain't Dead’ is closed to new replies.