Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 26 / 650b hybrid. Good idea?
  • ico86

Morning all,
    I’m pondering one of those on one 456 650b frames that’re on sale at the moment with the view to swapping all of my current 26″ bits over from my current hardtail. The hardtail is a bit of a 2nd bike so over time I’d buy up some 650b forks and wheels but not for a little while.
    So, what does the STW massif think, would it ride like a dog with 26″ kit? Good idea or no?
    Another option is the 26″ 456 frame with much the same geometry.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

It’s fine.

I used my old 26″ stuff on a new 650b full-sus frame until i got some new wheels.

lardman
    Free Member

If the frame you were thinking of had an unusually low BB, you might have a few issues. Otherwise, i reckon it would be no problem.

I was thinking of getting a Bird Zero and ‘running out’ my 26″ wheels/tyres/forks on it, with a view to switching it over to 650 at a later stage. BUT, it’s already got a fairly low BB.

timmys

Just get big tyres on the 26″ wheels and you’ll never notice the tiny% difference in overall diameter.

Also, well done you’ve just joined the latest niche crew; 26+

acidtest
    Free Member

Gonna be doing this when I get my sb5c frame in a couple of weeks. Love a low bb so this thing should rip. Or at least that’s what I’m telling myself until I can afford the new forks and wheels. Will be interesting to see the strava times compared to my sb66.

acidtest
    Free Member

Sorry for the hijack but does anyone know if I run my 26″ 160mm pikes with w6″ wheels instead of 27.5″ 160mm pikes, will that make the head tube angle something like running 140mm 27″ pikes with 27.5″ wheels? if that makes sense?!

ico86

Tidy, cheers all. Sounds like its a goer 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘26 / 650b hybrid. Good idea?’ is closed to new replies.