Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • $25k sunnies
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Now, I like my Oakleys, but really? I once tried a pair of these on and they were rather lovely. Not $25k lovely, though.

Oh, and here’s hoping the creepy nude dude in the photos isn’t included in the sale!

mrsfry
    Free Member

Why are you inside a hairy naked chaps home trying on glasses ?
    It’s only Thursday.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I do like my oakleys too but, barring being made from carbon fibre they really don’t look very different to those for a mere 1% of goods asking price. No naked people were included with mine though so maybe that’s the thing.

Houns

I know of someone with 6 pairs

Houns

And that ebayer seller is known as quite a chancer amongst us collectors and is avoided

andyl
    Free Member

why are they $25k? How much were they new?

Houns

They were $4000 when they were released in 2009. 500 (i think) pairs only. Frames made by a British firm that makes stuff for F1.
    That ebayer is just a chancer and lists everything so high

Houns

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, 500 pairs.

I was, I hate to admit, sorely tempted at the time. However, I had also been sorely tempted with the original X-Metals when the nice people at Oakley assured me they’d only be a limited edition. Then they made loads of them! Glad I missed out.

The C-Six was, despite the “exclusivity” stuff, one of the best fitting pairs I’ve tried.

Six pairs is just greedy, though! 🙂

Houns

They’re too big for me, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it

scaredypants

🙄 not even enduro-specific

stevied
    Free Member

And that ebayer seller is known as quite a chancer amongst us collectors and is avoided

He’s not the one who pops up in the wanted section every now and then asking for X-metals?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

We took examples from segmented creatures in the animal kingdom,” said Senior Design Director Peter Yee. “We looked at animals like the armadillo and studied how parts move and slide. It’s the same idea with armored suits – you have flexibility and function that remains protective.“

😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘$25k sunnies’ is closed to new replies.