Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • £250 to spend on a bike. What can i get?
  • jim_1980
    Free Member

I want to get a run about bike for my girlfriend and have a budget of up to £250 to spend, i know for that money i cannot get anything brilliant.
    Ive scouered ebay and found a few bikes but in the end they go for more than i can afford or they are pick up only and are up in Scotland. Ive had a look on Gumtree but you never know if the bike is stolen or not (same as ebay really)
    I have had a look around the web and found the Carrera's in Halfords are a pretty god spec but just wondering if anyone has any other ideas of bikes i could look into getting and if you know where they are going cheap id appreciate any info.

dano
    Free Member

Maybe check out decathlon, they have some well priced stuff… otherwise, most retailers will price match, so you could google some bikes you may be interested in and find the best price… Is she tall enough to ride a gents bike?

tinsy
    Free Member

My mate just bought the Carrera Vulcan for his mrs, but went for the mans one as she is very tall, and the mans bike had a better spec than the girls bike, 2nd decathlon too, another £50 on your budget gets you the 5.3 with a full 27 speed and discs, Merlin might have a couple of the commencal's left at £300 they were great but might all be gone.

StuF

You could try winstanleys or paulscycles and pick up an older discounted modal

cp

decathlon have got some brilliant stuff around that price point – the rockrider 5.2 is brilliant. My GF has one, you'd really think it cost a lot more than 200 notes. rides nicely and has good quality well finished parts, esp. considering the price.

feenster
    Free Member

Try the Edinburgh Bicycle co-op's own brand Revolution range.

Online shopping and branches in newcastle, leeds manchester, aberdeen and edinburgh.

I live in Edinburgh and see the hundreds of them going about, so they must be decent.

Try:

Revolution Cadence Women's

Revolution Trailfinder women's

chakaping
    Free Member

Or stick an advert in the classifieds and see what people have to offer?

gazc
    Free Member

raleigh burner?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘£250 to spend on a bike. What can i get?’ is closed to new replies.