Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2.5 DHF on rear…
  • zcmudd
    Free Member

Hey I need to order a tire today,,, a screw in town killed my DHR 2…

I was thinking I want to try DHF front back…

I was thinking I’ll buy a new 2.5 dhf 3c for the front and move the current same tire to the back…

Is 2.5 on the back gonna kill me for
    Enduro racing ??

Otherwise I can get a 2.35 dhf with hard rubber…

What do you think ???

SirHC

Can you not fix the hole with a tyre plug?

benpinnick

If you’ve got the clearance and the trails are dry the 2.5 will be ace. Not so much in the mud though! Those things love to collect mud.

zcmudd
    Free Member

I could fix the hole, but I run tubeless and I don’t wanna risk some failure… the tire has seen some trails anyway…. I’ll probably patch it and have it as a backup…. I’m ready to try something new..

I like that enthusiasm,,,, screw it goin 2.5 dhf 3c max terra on the back

zero-cool
    Free Member

The DHF is a brilliant tyre front or back. It’s my tyre of choice (and Jared Graves’ – he still talks about how good they are even though he’s sponsored by Specialized for tyres now). I tend to run 60a are 3C on the back and a Super Tacky on the front. 2.5 or 2.35 depending on your local terrain.

jonnyv
    Free Member

Be wary of thin rims and wide tyres,can pop off on big hits at low to medium pressure.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

I’ve been running an old supertacky 2.5 behind just to see what it is like and it’s great.

Just need to find some in 26″ 3C flavour now

splashdown
    Free Member

2.5 DHF works fine as a rear tyre 🙂

gibbonarms
    Free Member

I’ve been running 2.5 Minion DHF’s front and back for a few months now on my Banshee Prime, great combination and I like the confidence I get from being able to steer the back of the bike aggressively in turns, I’ve only recently swapped it our for a HR2 as I find the driftiness a bit more life threatening and fun as you push it hard. The only negative is the weight, but if the engine is up to it, crack on.

I’m on 35mm carbon rims and the tyres size up big.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2.5 DHF on rear…’ is closed to new replies.