Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 24h Disc Hubs… What are my options?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Looking for some 24H disc hubs right now. Convertible axles from QR to 15mm front and 142×12 would be a definite advantage for the future (though would consider QR only if they’re cheap enough).

What’s out there? I know I can specify Hope Pro2’s in 28H, but really after 24’s given some rims I’ve been offered (for a road disc build incidentally).

dirtyrider
    Free Member

DT 180, 240 and 350 Centrelock Disc now come in 24h

scaredypants

I’ve got some novatech (711/722) – no idea whether they’re convertible to anything other than typical axles but I’d very much doubt it

Daffy

Chris King R45 Disc

onewheelgood

Can you still get Hope Pro3 SPs? I love mine.

mboy
    Free Member

DT 180, 240 and 350 Centrelock Disc now come in 24h

Love DT Swiss, keen to stick with 6 bolt rotors though (plan is for SRAM Hydro brakes) and IMO centrelock to 6 bolt adapters have a nasty habit of working loose! Also, not forking out for 180’s or 240’s this time, 350’s would be ideal but it’s either 15mm or QR for the front, it isn’t convertible sadly!

I’ve got some novatech (711/722) – no idea whether they’re convertible to anything other than typical axles but I’d very much doubt it

Lack of official importer for Novatec hubs only (wheelsets come through Extra UK) is the issue here… Otherwise would be a goer. Suppose can keep my eye out on ebay.

Chris King R45 Disc

V nice, but mega money sadly!

Can you still get Hope Pro3 SPs? I love mine.

Wanted to steer clear of SP spokes, but that said, for the right price, I’d consider a 2nd hand pair of Pro3 SP’s.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Many years ago, I needed a pair of 24h hubs for my NRS. (QR only, IIRC).

I rang Hope. I asked nicely. 😉

lerk
    Free Member

Surely if you are going to put the braking forces through the spokes too, you’ll be needing the other 8, hence most disc hubs being drilled for 32?

mboy
    Free Member

Any more for any more on this? About to order some LB rims for a few builds…

Surely if you are going to put the braking forces through the spokes too, you’ll be needing the other 8, hence most disc hubs being drilled for 32?

Some road bike disc wheels are coming with only 20 spokes. 24 is plenty on a road wheel if you’re using a stiff rim.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I just got some American Classic hubs in 24 front 15mm and 28 rear 142
    Not sure what other options they offer

Moore large are the U.K. importer

nemesis
    Free Member

Circus monkey hubs on eBay come in 24 hole. I’ve got them in 32, has them for a couple of years on my cx without problem. Available in lots of colours too.

QR only though as far as I know.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=141022455208&alt=web

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘24h Disc Hubs… What are my options?’ is closed to new replies.