Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 240 lumens?
  • Olly
    Free Member

one of the (many) things im hankering to splurge my first paycheck on, along with a computer, is some lights worth having.

in my experience with this type of thing, its the batteries one needs to worry about.

damaging them through buggering around with charging and discharging, and the fact that over time all batteries get tired and wear out.

to this end, this hope jobby has caught my eye

because it takes AAs, sure they are expensive AAs, not tesco crap ones, but they are a sandard size, so when one (I) balls up the batteries, they are easy to get hold of to replace, and its cheap enough to get hold of a spare set for longer rides/backup.

Does anyone use one of these offroad?
    would it do the job?
    or is it a posh commuter light really?

i have no idea what 240 lumens looks like.

alexpalacefan

I have one, it’s a biy ‘spotty’ to tell the truth. Would do on the helmet, but with the batteries, heavy.

It seems right about the easy batteries though, that’s why I got it.

A

epicyclo

Use one as a handlebar light and back it up with a helmet light. I like the replaceable battery idea too.

BTW don’t knock Tesco batteries until you do a a run down test on them.

We used a set of Tesco’s best in the ‘Puffer and they lasted longer than the flash Duracell ones. Which completely stuffed us because we didn’t do a rundown test on the Duracells, simply expected them to last longer, so we ended up with a de-lighted Hope 3/4 of the way around a lap and a not so delighted rider. (When the Hope runs out of battery, it’s instant)

twohats
    Free Member

Hope Vision 1 is heavy, under powered and expensive for what it is.
    You would be better off with with a P7 torch, charger and batteries from Dealextreme for about £40 all in.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I like mine anyhow. ts ok for me to potter about on cycle lanes and the local rides I know. I dont want to have 200 quis in a set of lights to go for aride once a blue moon. Also makes a great dog walking torch! and when I go camping its great.

shinsplints

Get the 900 lumen jobby from dealextreme for £50 …there was a thread on here about it yesterday..just ordering one !

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/900-lumen-bike-light-for-50-anyone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘240 lumens?’ is closed to new replies.