Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 24" Wheels that are disc compatible
  • nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Need some for my sons bike build, however they are pretty hard to get. Has anyone seen any whilst browsing?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Could building them yourself be an option?

Could buy a 26inch set. Replace the rims?

nickhit3
    Free Member

until recently I was using a black Halo combat 24″ rear I bought new in 2013 on my Big Hit. I still have it + a new old stock 24 High roller i bought as a spare last year. Cheap but v tough. Used Halo stuff for years and never had an issue. Now running 26″ so its gathering dust..

Edit: you can still find them new for £80/90. Trendz do them.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Superstar will build you a nice, lightish set for £180 or so (last I checked).

rossburton
    Free Member

Phone up Islabikes and ask for a spare Creig 24 wheelset. 9/10-speed Shimano hubs, disc-only, with a cassette and inner tubes for £100.

curvature
    Free Member

This has been discussed a lot in the past.

I built a set for my son with Crest 24″ rims and cost me around £200 including the rims, hubs and spokes.

When I sold the bike I sold the wheels separately but included the tyres, rim tape & valves and virtually got my money back.

Just built him a set of 26″ wheels with carbon rims that Superstar were selling off cheap at the beginning of the year.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.
    I did look at Superstar buy there isn’t any stock. I think I’ll give the Isla bikes option a go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘24" Wheels that are disc compatible’ is closed to new replies.