Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 24″ wheels?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Anyone come across any half-decent ones for sale?
    Doing up a Carrera for #1 but can’t find any for sale. QR, normal cassette hub etc..

Rich_s

Usual answers are Superstar (spendy, so wait for the sale) or DIY if you can find a rim.

dyna-ti

Theres some unbranded ones currently on tri sport resort in ebay, but theyre listed seprately, so chances of winning both. But that are complete with “Schwalbe Rocket Ron 24×2.10 tyre, Tektro 160mm disc rotor and SunRace 11-34T 8SPD cassette.” Bound to save you a bit.
    Front
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unbranded-Front-Wheel-24-Attachments/164801305520?hash=item265eec5bb0:g:L7kAAOSwZgRgbZid

Rear
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unbranded-Rear-Wheel-24-Attachments/184751590808?hash=item2b040d8d98:g:hUMAAOSwbOZgbZqw#viTabs_0

Looks like a single buyer currently aiming for both.

stevied
    Free Member

Great spot, thanks

poah
    Free Member

how much you want to spend? Those wheels look like they have come off a bike to probably weight a ton (guessing you just want a set of wheels).

Daffy

I’ve got a set of 24″ wheels which came off my sons EarlyRider MX 24 trail. The bearings are cartridge bearings and are silky smooth and the freehub is Shimano. The all black and in perfect condition. £75 posted?

neilforrow

@stevied

not-so-stealth-ad: I’ve got a set of Superstar hubs on Stans crest rims. Run tubless with Conti tyres . pm me if you are interested.

I’m going up a size for my kid so they are available in ~2 weeks time when the new bike turns up.

Cheers

rossburton
    Free Member

I found a cheapish option was Condor 24″ MTB rims which are disc-only and tubeless friendly. Annoyingly, they don’t sell them anymore, so that’s no good. They were unbranded Alex rims, for what it’s worth.

cyclistm
    Free Member
    luket

@neilforrow I think you’re local to Exeter? I’d be keen on these wheels if they’re available?

Northwind

I built some up with some halo sub 4s, they seem good quality and a decent weight/price balance. A lot of 24 inch stuff is pretty bloody heavy- either built for cheapness or indestructibility on kids or trials bikes, so it was a bit of a pain narrowing it down. Pre-builts just didn’t really seem to offer what I wanted

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘24″ wheels?’ is closed to new replies.