Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 24" wheeled bike options for the nipper.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I'm finding it hard to pick a half decent bike for the daughter. She is just about ready for 24" wheel.

Any suggestions.?

Some of the ones I have picked up in various bike shops are a joke. I been on lighter Kona stinky's.!

Most of the DIY options seem to sway towards a jump bike. Am I missing an obvious choice.?

Prophet2
    Free Member

For me Isla bikes win everytime. More expensive than the usual kids bikes but worth every penny. My 10yr old is on his second and his Benin24 has been put in storage awaiting his kid brother when he is big enough.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

the felt ones look pretty good too?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

I've got a S/H spesh hotrock (24" wheel) if you're interested.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Whats the spesh like.? What sort of money are we looking at and are there any pics.?

br
    Free Member

Trek MT220

bruneep

neil email me

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

bruneep

Will do tomorrow. Cheers.

Prophet2

A 26" isla bike for 7+. Really.? I like the look of them. Very nice. Nice to see a ridgid fork up front as well. My daughter is a bit short like me I think the 26 would be too big.?

br
    Free Member

Get one with growing room, and it'll last.

Crank length varies, stem rotates, seat drops a long way.

My son still rides this on the street etc, while he's moved up onto better stuff for the dirt.

DaveP

One son has a Kona Stinky Junior. Very heavy, very capable.
    Other has Marin Bayview SE, which is very light and is perfect. Apart from the fact that the fork is a joke and so has been replaced with a rockshox air fork. now the bike is perfect. Not cheap though.

Farticus

My son got a XS Turner XCE when he was 7. Fitted it with 60mm stem, 165mm cranks, reversed post to shorten the reach & 24" wheels – he was fine. Now he's 12 and has an inline post & 26" wheels, and there's plenty of room for further growth.

My daughter got a 14" Explosif when she was 7 – same idea as above, but with shorter (cheapo) 152mm cranks. Worked a treat. She'll move up to 26" wheels soon.

Could do worse than getting a 14" Inbred or similar & then build it up from the Classifieds. I might have a pair of 24" wheels going – Deore 32H hubs & Rhinolite rims, so not too heavy but can take all the kiddy lack of care. Email in profile if you're interested.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘24" wheeled bike options for the nipper.?’ is closed to new replies.